The concerts thread

Saw the Prog Nation tour last night. Opeth were good, but Dream Theater blew them out the fucking water.

Saw Type o on Tuesday and Secrets of the Moon yesterday. Peter looks horrible, probably 40 pounds over weight now and looks like a grandfather. Their sound was good but they were boring.

Secrets of the Moon put on a good show. LSK is a babe. The Cleveland crowd never ceases to suck donkey testicles, maybe 20 people there and most were mall goth kids. They put on a good show regardless, i would have said fuck it and left if i were in their position.

The first 5 shows iam going to are at the following dates and places

October 31st Broerenkerk Zwolle
Delain - November Rain The Final Edition
December 2nd Hedon Zwolle:
Jorn
January 9 Hedon Zwolle:
Epica + Trail Of Tears
March 27 Podium Hardenberg:
Saxon + Suidakra + special guest
April 11 Hedon Zwolle:
Pagan's Mind + Pythia

Catching Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust on the 28th. Then Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, and Veil of Maya on Nov 19th.

Between the Buried and Me
Cynic
Devin Townsend
Scale the Summit

North American "The Great Misdirect" headlining tour:
(All dates include support from Cynic, Devin Townsend Project and Scale the Summit)

January 8 Nashville, TN Rocketown
January 9 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
January 10 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
January 11 Houston, TX Meridian
January 12 Dallas, TX The Prophet Bar (Big room)
January 13 San Antonio, TX The White Rabbit
January 15 Tempe, AZ The Clubhouse
January 16 San Diego, CA House of Blues
January 17 West Hollywood, CA House of Blues
January 18 San Francisco, CA Slim’s
January 20 Denver, CO Cervantes
January 22 Louisville, KY Headliners Music Hall
January 23 Detroit, MI Magic Stick
January 24 Chicago, IL House of Blues
January 25 Cleveland, OH Peabody’s Downunder
January 26 Toronto, ON Opera House
January 27 Montreal, QC Club Soda
January 28 Boston, MA House of Blues
January 29 Clifton Park, NY Northern Lights
January 30 New York, NY The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza
January 31 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero
February 1 Baltimore, MD Sonar
February 3 St. Petersburg, FL State Theatre
February 6 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore

Well this is my list of bands I've seen:

Warbringer(3 times)
Goatwhore(2 times)
Exodus
Overkill
Obituary
Queensryche
Don Dokken

Just got back from seeing

Job For A Cowboy (That was fucking epic...that pig squeel he did near the end of the set was fucking killer)

Gwar (First time seeing and hearing much of anything from them, not really my thing, but there gimmicks and solos are fucking awesome

Lamb Of God (speaks for itself...they can put on one hell of a fucking show...I think we pulled off one of the largest circle pits ever lol)

So that Nunslaughter show was a fucking adventure from the moment we set out until getting home many hours later. Too destroyed for a full report. Will post later.

Last night I saw the Exodus / Kreator gig. The venue is a 6,000 people place with good structure. I guess some 3,5 to 4,0 thousand maniacs attended.

Both bands are in good shape, but I`m not a huge fan of Exodus' current singer. Their setlist was good, though. Best moments of their gig were "Fabulous Disaster" - Amazing and "A Lesson in Violence". An hour and a half of great Thrash Metal.

BTW, their drummer is insanely good - presented as "the one and only Mr Tom Hunting" by the singer.

Kreator's gig was fucking great, they've finished their Latin American tour with a classy setlist. A sequence of classic songs created some of the most brutal, insane circle pits in Sao Paulo's history (Betrayer, Coma of Souls, Terrible Certainty, Flag of Hate, Tormentor).

One of the best Thrash Metal shows I've been to.

Now I'm anticipating Entombed's show next month, first time I'll see them.

Upcoming gigs: All in Oslo, Norway.

18.11 - Five Finger Death Punch,Shadows Fall,Marionette

26.11 - Paradise Lost,Samael,Engel

13.12 - Taste of Chaos 2009 - In Flames,Killswitch Engage,Every Time I Die,Dead by April,Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

14.01 - The 69 Eyes,Christian Death,Mandragora Scream

29.01 - The Black Procession Tour 2010: Machine Head,Hatebreed,Bleeding Through & All Shall Perish

10.03 - Lamb Of God,Job For A Cowboy,August Burns Red,Between The Buried And Me

13.03 - Zeromancer

30.01 - Them XX Tour 2010 - Backyard Babies

05.02 - Ram-Zet

31.03-03.04 - Inferno Metal Festival - Mayhem,Taake,Finntroll,The Kovenant,Nachtmystium +++

17.04 - Kamelot

A nice mixture of genres on the upcoming gigs...:lol: