The concerts thread

I went to see Hammerfall which was not quite as intense as I had been hoping. There was also a band there called Powerglove that was pretty impressive. I highly suggest people check them out.

Seeing this tomorrow--maybe it'll be a better show in Chicago.

I'm looking forward to seeing Powerglove for the second time (and again with Sonata in April... they've become the go-to power-metal support group, haha!)

Damn, just got back from Nile's gig...it was fucking amazing!!!

Unfortunately the setlist was pretty short, but all songs were played close to perfection. Great band! (I can't understand why some DM fans bash them).

There was a guy selling T-shirts and CDs, I couldn't resist getting two (Lord Belial's Revelation and Suffocation's Souls to Deny).

All band members are cool guys, Karl Sanders signed a lot of autographs, talked to everybody and took pictures after the show. I really hope they come back as soon as possible, it was a hell of a show, insane.

Next gig: Ad Hominem and Marduk - April :kickass:

I just saw the DVD Frozen Alive from Obituary and i thought ¨Damn, i never saw them, they're classics!!!¨

So, which classic bands are missing to you guys, i mean, to see playing your favorite songs???

my list:

Obituary
Death (never will)
Pantera (2)
Venom
Dark Throne
Carcass
Benediction
Dismember
Dream Theater (They played yesterday, but i didn't get money to see them)
Van Halen

Obituary are AWESOME live, seen them twice now but missed them last month here because I was ill, such shitty timing.

Hopefully going to make it down to Suffocation on Mar 30th here, never seen them before but I'm expecting greatness.

Okay, now it's official:

April 16th (Friday) in Sao Paulo - Hangar 110

- Ad Hominem (France)
- Marduk

The best thing about it is that Marduk gets to play at the same venue where they did last time, two years ago. It's a small place with a decent structure and good sound. I don't actually know Ad Hominem but heard good things about their Black Metal. Can't wait.

:kickass:

for me:

amon amarth + eluveitie + holy grail
iron maiden + dream theater
wacken 2010
party.san 2010 (any guesses on who the "surprise headliner" is?)
summer breeze 2010

was gonna go to mdf this year (lineup SLAYS) but i decided to spend another week or so in germany to attend sb

hopefully some of the bands from mdf confirm for noctis in calgar this year, preferably gorguts

Okay, now it's official:

April 16th (Friday) in Sao Paulo - Hangar 110

- Ad Hominem (France)
- Marduk

The best thing about it is that Marduk gets to play at the same venue where they did last time, two years ago. It's a small place with a decent structure and good sound. I don't actually know Ad Hominem but heard good things about their Black Metal. Can't wait.

:kickass:

another show that i'll miss. i don't understand why so many bands don't come to Rio, just the major ones. i missed opeth, extreme noise terror, master, obituary, dismember, and now marduk. what the hell is going on??? the producers don't believe in us, cariocas, anymore. i know we are talking about 6 hours of distance, but i'd like to have more time and money to see my fav bands.

anyway, you're a lucky bastard bittencourt. at least i've seen kiss. :lol:

another show that i'll miss. i don't understand why so many bands don't come to Rio, just the major ones. anyway, you're a lucky bastard bittencourt. at least i've seen kiss. :lol:

Calm down, my carioca friend.

Marduk will play in Rio, here's the schedule:

Marduk - Rio de Janeiro
April 11th (Sunday)
Venue: Teatro Odisseia

There's no news about the opening act in Rio (either Ad Hominem as in Sao Paulo or Unearthly or Queiron, and ticket prices are yet to be announced.

Hope you don't miss this one, they kick fucking ass :)