The concerts thread

Dark Tranquillity tour dates. I'm going to the Allston show.

May 11: Raleigh, NC - Volume 11 Tavern
May 12: West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 13: Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
May 14: Farmingdale, NY - The crazy donkey
May 16: Allston, MA - Harper's Ferry
May 31: San Francisco, CA - Slim's
June 1: Los Angeles, CA - Key club

Well shit, I'll be there. Walking distance from my house and all.

Walking distance from Allston? Sweet. Noise shows there a lot of the time. Maybe not anymore but there used to be...someone I know in the NE noise scene operated out of there. Pretty sure the venue Alcest is playing in MA is in Allston too...

Saw Megadeth, Testament and Exodus at the sold out dvd filming in Hollywood on the last date of the Rust In Peace anniversary tour and it was the greatest show I've ever been to. Can't wait to see them on the rescheduled American carnage dates (hopefully Megadeth mixes up the setlist though, I don't need to hear She Wolf twice).

DAMMIT WHY DOES NO ONE COME TO FUKUOKA

There is a big noise night coming up with a couple Norwegian bands I've never heard of, but it's the same night as my bf's band's show and the latter option is cheaper and money's tight this month. Hunngghhh.

DAMMIT WHY DOES NO ONE COME TO FUKUOKA

There is a big noise night coming up with a couple Norwegian bands I've never heard of, but it's the same night as my bf's band's show and the latter option is cheaper and money's tight this month. Hunngghhh.

does your bf's band suck because that should be the choice for which show unless the price difference is insane haha; plus aren't municipal waste, toxic holocaust and warbringer touring japan or am I late on that one? that'd be an awesome show.

Wow, it's like they gathered all the new pointless, lame retro thrash stuf and put it in one place where it could easily be ended by a fortuitous accident.

If you think those are the worst you'd probably want to rip your ear drums out after hearing most of the generic new bands. Those 3 are in the top of the best followed by a few others and then there's hundreds of them that are so bad it's actually painful to listen to them, you'd think they'd be able to produce better sound quality and build off what was already established in 1985 but they somehow made it even worse but then again that's true for any genre.

Behemoth and Gay for a Cowboy were just here, but they played Osaka. Japan is a lot less small than it seems. Train fare alone to Osaka is $230 and the Behemoth/Gay Cowboy gig was $70 for a ticket.

My boyfriend's band doesn't suck but I don't LOVE THEM either. Still, it's a tossup between "pay more and sleep in an internet cafe alone" versus "pay less and get some and a nice bed"

I haven't heard about that tour Enemy. I bet a million dollars they won't come this far south though. The last big metal we had here was Motley Crue in 2008. Sonata Arctica came to Hiroshima but that is still far.

Mastodon concerts post-Crack the Skye suck balls, they brought very little awesomeness and too much disappointment