The concerts thread

As much as I enjoy Opeth, I would rather have more Bloodbath gigs in the future with Mikael.

My friends went last night and they said Opeth were boring. I mean we've all seen them like 6 times already and they have always kicked ass, I'm sure they're just burnt out.

Dark Tranquillity and Threat Signal in May...Can't wait.

This was the best set Opeth has played since their chronology tour. Not sure how it could be boring compared to the last few times when all they did was play soft slow songs.

Forest of October
Advent
April Ethereal
The Moor
Wreath
Hope Leaves
Harlequin Forest
The Lotus Eater

with lots of Mikael's usual banter inbetween songs. funny guy. he was talking about Autopsy and Darkthrone and how much he loves them :D

Forest of October was the highlight of the night for me. I was the skinny ginger in the Harvard t-shirt and plaid shorts all the way in the left corner. Great spot

Can't afford to go to Maryland Death Fest, but I am planning to attend Central Illinois Metalfest on July 23rd & 24th. It's 45 minutes from my hometown, so I am familiar with the club & area. Incantation will be playing Diabolical Conquest in it's entirety. Malevolent Creation will also be there, plus a ton of other bands. Anyone else going to this?

http://www.myspace.com/centralillinoismetalfest

13.04.10 Gojira, Fear Factory, Metallica at Telenor Arena
14.04.10 Gojira, Fear Factory, Metallica at Telenor Arena

This will be highly enjoyable.

I`m going to see Dying Fetus, Origin, Beneath the Massacre and Revocation in Copenhagen tomorrow. Thrash and burn!

Not metal, but anyone remember GACKT (cheesy flaming visual kei solo diva man, formerly of Malice Mizer)? He's coming to Fukuoka in June!