The concerts thread

Negura Bunget and Ragnarok and a load of others (2pm - 11:30pm) at the Cavern in a few weeks. Mutant (awesome local thrash band) + Gama Bomb a week or so after. Bolt Thrower + Rotting Christ in between the two, and Enslaved/Sabbat/Chthonic supporting Arch Enemy around that time too. Good few gigs lined up! Sybreed a month or so afterwards as well.

Gackt has some awesome songs. The choreographed dancing for Ghost live is basically the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I had a life size poster of him in my dorm room when I was 19.

You still going to Bloodstock?

That's hawt. Gackt is one of the few men I could potentially fall gay for.

Not sure about Bloodstock; I'd feel terrible missing out on a festival this year (and bloodstock is the only one I can realistically make it to) but I have a lot of other shit to do during the summer. You're not going right?

i wanna petition for more black metal @ bloodstock even its gay stuff like dark fortress

Totally, all the bands so far are a little bit "safe" if you know what I mean. I'd prefer nongay stuff but anything a little bit blackened wouldn't go amiss.

In less than two weeks I'll be leaving for Ragnaröek Festival. Anyone else going?

http://www.ragnaroek-festival.com/

There are like between 20 and 25 of the bands below that I'm looking forward to.

Agathodaimon
Akrea
Arkona
Belphegor
Carach Angren
Catamenia
Ctulu
Ensiferum
Equilibrium
Fjoergyn
Gorgoroth
Grailknights
Haggard
Heathen Foray
Helfahrt
Hellsaw
Helrunar
Hollenthon
Imperium Dekadenz
Ingrimm
Kromlek
Midnattsol
Nachtgeschrei
Obscurity
Ragnarok
Ragnaröek
Ravenlore
Riger
Sarke
Skyforger
Slartibartfass
Sólstafir
Suidakra
The Vision Bleak
Thormesis
Van Canto
Vreid
Wolves in the Throne Room

Well, i'm from India so not many bands come here...but luckily for us a company called Overture India has organized a festival called Summer Storm Festival in Bangalore, India. And we're getting LAMB OF GOD!! WHEEEEEEE

And last december we had Amon Amarth headlining the first Deccan Rock Festival ( dunno why it says rock, only metal bands come :p)

Proclamation, Morbosidad, and bands that I don't know August US tour:

wqpid2.jpg

84% chance I'll go to the Philly show.

Proclamation, Morbosidad, and bands that I don't know August US tour:

Of the other bands Kerasphorus (Order From Chaos, Conqueror members) and Necroholocaust (Blasphemy, Morbosidad members) seem interesting. Black Witchery is lackluster and Obeisance comes across as a novelty.

So has anyone seen Moonsorrow on their current tour? I'm wondering what songs they're playing.

Dude, definitely go see them. I saw them with Primordial last year and decided against seeing them this year, due to the fact that they were the only band I was interested in on the tour. But I so regret it after seeing the setlist. If I remember correctly it was:

Jumalten Kaupunki (!)
Pakanajuhla
Koylionjarven Jaalla
Pimea
Tulimyrsky (!)
Aurinko Jaa Kuu (!)

The Chasm is playing as part of the Metal Haven Farewell show.

Here are the details for it all (I wish I could go :|)

“Tues April 27th the sale moves to 45% OFF
Everything except new releases with the RED dots on them will be 45% OFF
The Metal Haven Farewell Bash is less than a week away
Sat May 1st at Reggies 18+ $15.00 7pm sharp!
7 bands in 7 hours
There will be a bus picking people up at the store at 6pm,
So come shop at the store before the show from 12 noon to 6pm
Then hop on the metal bus to the venue
You can pregame at the store before jumping on the bus and not worry about driving
This is more than a show, its an event celebrating the Chicago metal scene
So I expect people to party the entire 7 hours, there will be prizes and giveaways
AND
They are all 7 great bands, don’t miss one
Heres the lineup order:

Enforcer
High Spirits
The Chasm
Slauter Xtroyes
Kommandant
Diamond Plate
Empyreus

There will be a Metal Haven drink special (beer with a shot of Jaeger) for $6.66 (please tip!!)"

I will be attending this. We should get there early and make a trip to metal haven as well. I've never been there.

I would but I live in Las Vegas now :erk:

But yeah, definitely go to Metal Haven before the show, and then just take the bus to the show or something. And bring a lot of $$$ to buy whats left.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are playing at Wacken, wtf :lol:

Oh and is anyone gonna go on that metal cruise in January?

Its basically a 4 day cruise with bands playing every night, plus you probably get to hang out with everyone as well. The lineup isn't all that amazing, but its still pretty good:

AMON AMARTH
DEATH ANGEL
EPICA
FINNTROLL
MOONSPELL
OBITUARY
RAVEN
SAXON
SODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
STRATOVARIUS
SWASHBUCKLE
TESTAMENT
TROUBLE
ULI JON ROTH
WITCHBURNER

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are playing at Wacken, wtf :lol:

Some of these festivals are seriously starting to get lazy. I usually go to Sweden Rock, but it's gotten progressively worse with more and more shitty old geezer bands. Gary Moore, Cinderella, Billy Idol, Ratt, Rick Springfield etc this year. :mad: