The concerts thread

ALCESTUSTOUR.jpg

TBA is supposedly Pennsylvania and Indiana.

I can't imagine that music would really work well live...

Hammerfall next saturday. HEARTS ON FIRE HEARTS ON FIRE BURNING BURNING WITH DESIRE BURNING FOR THE STEEL HEARTS ON FIIIIIYA!

I for one am quite excited for Alcest. I think it's simplistic enough to work live if they get the right sound and tone for everything.

I think I might go see Goatwhore this upcoming Monday night. I am not really fond of them, but what I have heard, I do like. I have only heard their albums Funeral Dirge for the Rotting Sun and a little bit of The Eclipse of Ages into Black. I really like what I have heard so far. Maybe they will be worth it live. I am just excited to go to a concert, I have not been to one in awhile.

Missing Kreator tonight :(
Hammerfall tomorrow night, Maiden in July. Possibly Amon Amarth somewhere in there.

Missing Kreator tonight :(
Hammerfall tomorrow night, Maiden in July. Possibly Amon Amarth somewhere in there.

If you make it to Ohio, by the 10th of this month (5 days from now), you would be able to see them. They will be here in Cleveland. I might go see them. I have to either pick to go see them or Goatwhore. And Goatwhore's concert is two days before their concert. There will be no way I will be able to go to both. I don't have enough money. Even though it'd be only like $40.00 to see both.

March 27: Order from Chaos, Ares Kingdom, Wastelander
April 3: Destroying Texas Fest V (Order from Chaos, Inquisition, Averse Sefira, Ares Kingdom, and Toxodeth)
May 28-30: Maryland Deathfest VIII
June 23: Central Illinois Metalfest (only going one night for Incantation's Diabolical Conquest set and Acheron)
July 2-3: Doom or be Doomed Fest (maybe/probably, I'll have to see if any friends are committed to going and if I feel like spending the money, though I probably will)

It's a pretty hectic year for concert given the fact that three of the dates involve 12+ hour drives one way, but it should be a great way to spend the end of the school year/summer.

How is Orphaned Land live?

I often hear disappointing things about bands who try to play heavily multi-layered music live

If you make it to Ohio, by the 10th of this month (5 days from now), you would be able to see them. They will be here in Cleveland. I might go see them. I have to either pick to go see them or Goatwhore. And Goatwhore's concert is two days before their concert. There will be no way I will be able to go to both. I don't have enough money. Even though it'd be only like $40.00 to see both.

Go to Amon Amarth. Seriously.

Kreator, Voivod, Evile, Lazarus A.D. and Nachtmystium tonight.

to person above, I'd choose Goatwhore personally but it depends on if you like AA or not really.

How is Orphaned Land live?

I often hear disappointing things about bands who try to play heavily multi-layered music live

I've never seen them live, but after seeing many bootlegs I'm convinced that they are incredible live as well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdNwbY0w9o&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

live footage of Norra El Nora / Ornaments Of Gold w/Reggie Jam / The Sahara's Storm intro

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMcMtOmKGRc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You could visit their forum to pick out more.

EDIT : Their live sessions drummer Matan is quite impressive as well.

Hammerfall tonight.

Openers:
Infinite Descent were alright. Vocals were a bit too high in the mix and their songs seemed pretty predictable, but the last song they played, which the singer said was old material, was pretty damn good. Apparently it's on the free demo they passed out. Overall wasn't impressed, but I'll give it a listen.

Frozen were pretty mediocre. The guitar sound was absolutely horrible and the drums were inaudible. The vocalist cupped the mic. His cleans were excellent, though, and some of the songs sounded good. Still, the solos were unbearable due to the tone + the guy just wailing on the high notes.

Powerglove were fucking awesome. Their costumes were ridiculous, one guy had a triforce tattoo, they had an inflatable bat onstage, and they closed with the Power Rangers theme. At one point they threw foam swords into the pit for people to fight with. For one song they got the crowd to sing "Fuck that bird" over and over again. Musically, their stuff was well-written video-game metal. I wouldn't want to listen to it on album, but it was enjoyable to watch live due to a mix of headbanging riffs and dopeass leads.

Hammerfall kicked ass, plain and simple. Stuff from the new album sounded damn good.