The concerts thread

WTF is this shit,

I'm looking at the upcoming Immortal concert here in LA, and they are coming 4/2/10 to Avalon, but the ticket price is $50 DOLLARS?!

And that's not what it's gonna cost at the end of it, if you go through Ticketmaster it's gonna be like 75, and if you buy at the door its gonna be like 65..and there aren't even any other bands opening for them..it's just fucking Immortal

BUT the worst part is this notice they put:

- WARNING: This show starts and ENDS early (9pm-ish) to let in dance club pussies

Maybe I'm making a big deal out of it, but fuck, I don't have a lot of dough to spend, especially with the amazing streak of concerts coming hither in February month

Uh last time I saw Immortal in LA I had to pay an expensive ticket, drive all the way down from SF and get a hotel and even then despite how expensive it was it was totally worth it. I'd go again but there are so many shows coming up and I'm trying to get my finances on track so I can't. Don't miss it!

Nah, I'm probably one of the select few people here who adores Norwegian BM but could care less about Immortal..sure they have some good albums, but nothing spectacular, also I really hate the way they have made the black metal image so laughable..they even admitted how ridiculous they think it is..I'd rather they pull a Burzum and not fuck around with corpsepaint and goofy ass music videos if you're going to acknowledge how fake it is.

inferno_top.gif

[Aus]Belphegor
[UK]Benediction
[Norway]Blodspor
[France]Como Muertos
[USA]Death Angel
[India]Demonic Resurrection
[Australia]Deströyer 666
[Germany]Exumer
[USA]Eyehategod
[Norway]Faustcoven
[Canada]Final Fantasy
[Finland]Finntroll
[Iceland]Fortid
[Norway]Gravdal
[Norway]Ihsahn
[Norway]Irr
[USA]Jarboe
[Norway]Kvelertak
[Norway]Madder Mortem
[Sweden]Marduk
[Norway]Mayhem
[Norway]Mistur
[Norway]Mongo Ninja
[Norway]Monolithic
[USA]Nachtmystium
[Germany]Necrophagist
[Norway]Nifrost
[Germany]Obscura
[Norway]Ragnarok
[Norway]Ram-Zet
[Norway]Sarkom
[India]Scribe
[Norway]Serenity Trace
[Norway]Shining (N)
[UK]Spearhead
[Norway]Svarttjern
[Norway]Open Casket Terror
[Norway]Taake
[Norway]The Kovenant
[Norway]Throne of Katarsis
[Denmark]The Psyke Project
[Sweden]Torture Division
[Sweden]Tribulation
[Hungary]Void ov Voices
[Sweden]Vomitory
[Norway]Årabrot

Great lineup this years Norwegian festival. Cant wait to finally see Necrophagist live.

Saw Mastodon last night, pretty disappointing really. They came on 30 mins late, were supposed to play for 2 hours and only managed 1 1/4 hours, they played Crack The Skye in it's entirety which bored the crap out of me, and they neglected to play Blood and Thunder and Capillarian Crest.

They must've played the same setlist they played when I saw them then..the entire fucking Crack the Skye with this massive video playing throughout the background to tell the story of the album..well it was cool, but seriously, if I want to go see Mastodon, I'm not there to wish I was stoned...I'm there for some fucking Remission..sadly they only played about 1 song from each old album

No massive video, just a big backdrop with a bunch of bad lighting. The only song they played off Leviathan was Iron Tusk, I don't think they played anything off Remission, just a couple off Blood Mountain before they finished. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing them as they rocked when I saw them with Slayer in 07.

god i cannnot fucking hear right now! great show! met j-p and another internet dude at the show.

acid witch was fuckin' awesome
the gates of slumber fucking ruled
pentagram just ... fucking best show ever bobby is an incredible frontman ... sometime during their set some guy got hauled off by security and then J-P soon went after him and I never saw him afterwards but he was a cool as fuck dude!

got my lip busted by some guy during a makeshift moshpit that flew my way, osdagjldkfgj'sdgj

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!

I really enjoyed seeing Mayhem last year, though Attila was more interesting when he performed with Sunn O))). I caught Hellhammer's drum stick too, quite awesome imo.

Anyways, next show is in April (Vegas sucks for metal :/) which will be Cattle Decapitation and Gaza for $12.

And yeah, last time Immortal played in LA (2007 iirc) it was $50 as well. They try to act all grim and cool by rejecting the award, but then they charge just as much, if not more, then all the other bands/artists receiving the same awards. Hypocrites :lol:

I can't afford seeing all the bands I would like to so my list of gigs I've been to is very very short, unfortunately. But here goes.

Sabaton/DragonForce/Edguy
Arenan, Stockholm, 2006

Firewind/DragonForce
Rockhouse, Salzburg, 2006

Nightwish
Arenan, Stockholm, 2007

Turisas/DragonForce
Tyrol, Stockholm, 2009

Apocalyptica/Nightwish
Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, 2009

Entombed/Amon Amarth
The Garage, Glasgow, 2009

Any gigs I'm planning on attending in the future? No, due to the gaping hole in my wallet. :(

g... sometime during their set some guy got hauled off by security and then J-P soon went after him and I never saw him afterwards

Yeah, my buddy Phil got thrown out for handing Bobby song requests on pieces of legal paper. :Smug: Lots of tough guy thuggish bullshit from the bouncing staff, but we sorted it out with the owner. I basically went downstairs to make sure my friend didn't get pummeled by retards. I missed a couple songs, but I saw them in Cleveland as well.

Yeah, cool meeting up, hopefully there's a better Trouble album playing next time. :lol:

I went to Metal Merchants in Oslo this weekend, was pretty bloody awesome. Friday was Anihilated, Solitaire, Lamented Souls, The Lamp of Thoth and Tank. Last night was Torch, Necronomicon, Dark Quarterer, Slough Feg and Omen.

Here's a rundown...

Anihilated were ok, breakdown heavy thrash. Solitaire were wicked sloppy speed metal, with a frontman who's a cross between Steve Grimmet and Jack Black. Lamented Souls were pretty good, though I'm not very familiar with them. The Lamp of Thoth were good, great sound but no audience interaction at all. I was a bit disappointed as I was really looking forward to seeing them. I've got a cold and felt like shit so I didn't hang around for Tank, but that was no biggie.

Last night was much better, if only becasue of Slough Feg. Caught the tail end of Torch's last song, Necronomicon sucked and they had the gayest intro tape ever. Dark Quarterer were ok, but their set dragged on forever and I was feeling even worse by that stage. Slough Feg were absolutely fucking phenomenal. Great setlist , awesome sound and Scalzi was totally possessed, jumping all over the speakers and stage! Highlight was Ape Uprising, close to ten minutes of pure duel soloing madness! Only hung around for a few Omen songs as i was totally knackered. Saw Rich Walker wandering around both nights and I think one of the guys from Nifelheim. Fenriz trod on my foot and apologised, so that was pretty cool. All up a great experience and I've still got Hammer of Doom to come in a week!