The concerts thread

Let us know how Nergal's forehead's doing. Due to my calculations it should be around 0,15 acre by now.

HOLY SHIT, saw Behemoth with Septic Flesh and Lightning Swords of Death last night! I can easily say that Behemoth are on my top 5 best perfomances of all time..they really put one hell of a fucking show! Seriously, see this band live now.

Septic Flesh performed an identical set to the one I saw about two years ago, but they are still great live..although they are too comical at times..the singer at several points in the show would scream "SHOW ME THE METALLIC HORNS!!!" with a thick greek accent and his arms raised..hilarious stuff

Didn't get to see LSoD because I came straight from work. I've never even heard of them except for a couple of youtube songs...and really what a fucking homo bandname is that anyway?

I saw Destroyer 666 last night too, and was absolutely blown away, probably the best gig I've seen. The sound was amazing and the set list was great. The two songs from Defiance they played sounded infinitely better live. Highlights were From Genesis To Genocide, I Am The Wargod and The Eternal Glory Of War. That song is just pure anthemic Heavy Fucking Metal, I just about fucking lost it when they played the opening riff!

Nice. I saw them last Friday (+ Vomitor and Chaotic Impurity). Agreed on all points! Set list was somewhat longer and the sound was a vast improvement over shitfest. Satanic Speed Metal was the highlight for me as I'd been yelling it at them all god damn night! Easily the best gig I've been to.

HOLY SHIT, saw Behemoth with Septic Flesh and Lightning Swords of Death last night! I can easily say that Behemoth are on my top 5 best perfomances of all time..they really put one hell of a fucking show! Seriously, see this band live now.

Septic Flesh performed an identical set to the one I saw about two years ago, but they are still great live..although they are too comical at times..the singer at several points in the show would scream "SHOW ME THE METALLIC HORNS!!!" with a thick greek accent and his arms raised..hilarious stuff

Didn't get to see LSoD because I came straight from work. I've never even heard of them except for a couple of youtube songs...and really what a fucking homo bandname is that anyway?

Behemoth destroyed last night. Probably best stage presence I've ever seen.

Got a few concerts coming up.

Wednesday is Nile AND Immolation (and Krisiun). Five days after that is Behemoth. Two days after THAT is Between the Buried and Me and Cynic (mostly want to go for Cynic :p).

Fuck you, I missed it. How was the sound? How was the venue? Setlist? Every fucking detail please, down to Liebling's sexy shirt...

Fuck you, I missed it. How was the sound? How was the venue? Setlist? Every fucking detail please, down to Liebling's sexy shirt...

TGoS played the following:

Death Dealer
Ice Worm
Dweller in the Deep
Beneath the Eyes of Mars
Blood and Thunder

Pentagram played a lot of songs I didn't know, as I only have the first two albums (inexcusable, I know. I'll get on it), but he introduced most of them by name.

The ones I knew where All Your Sins, 20 Buck Spin, Sign of the Wolf and When the Screams Come.

The songs I hadn't heard previously were Walk in the Blue Light, Review Your Choices, Petrified and he didn't say what the first song was so I don't know. They also played two from their upcoming album. I think the titles were South of the Swamp and I'm Taking No More. I might be forgetting one or two.

It was at B.B. Kings, which is a very nice but small venue. I was right up front (close enough to touch the edge of the stage [and I am very short]). TGoS were great, but there wasn't much to their show. Other than Jason McCash saying a few words about how it was first show back after burying his mother, whose favorite musician was B.B. King, nothing really remarkable. Just three guys playing really great music. I was standing right in front of McCash, and just watching him play the bass was awesome.

Even though I was there to see TGoS, I actually enjoyed Pentagram more. Bobby Liebling is such a great showman. He had on these leather pants (I swear I saw his dick move :ill:) that he spent almost the whole show trying to keep from coming open. He danced a lot, touched his crotch and ass a lot, humped the speaker, I'm pretty sure he licked Russ Strahan's ear a few times, he glared at us with those golf ball eyes of his... It was great. He also talked a lot. Someone yelled "I love you Bobby!" to which he replied "Wanna fuck?" *stare*. Awesome.

Edit: At one point, while fucking with his pants he goes "I should just take 'em off". I was fucking shocked that he didn't. Also glad.

Edit 2: Oh, and as far as the sound quality, I don't attend enough shows to give an informed opinion. It was loud? I was literally right in front of the bassist for both bands. Felt pretty cool.

Damn, sounds like it was one hell of a show, Liebling is quite the drugged up, over sexualized showman. How big was the crowd?

I'm not sure. As I said, I was right up front. When I took my spot it was about 25 minutes before TGoS and the crowd was pretty small at that point- less than 50, I'd say. By the time Pentagram went on it had filled out a lot. The two tall friends I went with were able to look behind them and appreciate this fact... me, not so much. I was able to get a better idea of the crowd after the show. I'd say around 200.