The concerts thread

are you fucking kidding me this is getting out of hand now. warbringer are on every single tour, they literally never go off the road and are touring with bands that aren't related to them at all, finntroll, suffocation, now soilwork? seriously that whole lineup makes sense except for them, i can respect that they're touring and working hard but seriously they don't have to pollute every single tour out there.
edit: especially when they're playing higher up than swallow the sun who i've never seen tour around here and i'd love to see them play a long set since most of their songs are already long, instead they'll be opening and playing a shorter set. fuck.

are you fucking kidding me this is getting out of hand now. warbringer are on every single tour, they literally never go off the road and are touring with bands that aren't related to them at all, finntroll, suffocation, now soilwork? seriously that whole lineup makes sense except for them, i can respect that they're touring and working hard but seriously they don't have to pollute every single tour out there.
edit: especially when they're playing higher up than swallow the sun who i've never seen tour around here and i'd love to see them play a long set since most of their songs are already long, instead they'll be opening and playing a shorter set. fuck.

If it makes you feel better, on a tour like that I bet you everyone except Soilwork will play 30 mins.

Holy shit last night was incredible.

I got there just in time to see 1349 and they played everything I wanted them to, including "Sculptor of Flesh", "To Rottendom" and "Nathicana", the latter of which was worth the price of the whole ticket. I met one of the band members later on because he was selling their own merch. I complimented him on the performance, shook his hand, and he gave me a free sticker. And 40 bucks for a band hoodie is a great deal.

Dying Fetus, while I'm not at all familiar with their material, played an awesome set.

Necrophagist. Meh

SUFFFOCATION. Once again they delivered one of the better live experiences anyone should expect from Frank Mullen. How the hell does he make his hand spasm like that? Their set went something like:

Pierced From Within
Abomination Reborn
Liege of Inveracity
Brood of Hatred
new song
Blind Torture Kill
Breeding the Spawn

CARCASS was, well, CARCASS! They sounded great, and loud as fuck. Their set was pretty Heartwork-biased but that's not a bad thing, their set included:

Inpropagation
Buried Dreams
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Carnal Forge
No Love Lost
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Genital Grinder
more old stuff
This Mortal Coil
Keep on Rotting in the Free World
something off of Tools of the Trade
Heartwork
more old stuff

They had a video projector showing autopsy videos and the like while they played.

Norwegian black metallers MAYHEM are planning a U.S. tour in early 2009. The trek will reportedly consist of 21 shows and will kick off in the early spring. The exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

Who's going to be the replacement guitarist for Mayhem? Didn't Blasphemer quit?

Tbh it wouldn't be hard to replace him. Not the most technical stuff. They'll get some random dude with long black hair. My prediction.

It's going to be some other famous Norwegian who's been in black metal since the 1990's for sure, since it's Mayhem.