The Dance Of Death discussion thread.

DoD kicks ass! It's a wee bit heavier, more consistant, more melodic,more focused and overall better than Brave New World. I've listened to it twice and i can now say that DoD has exceeded all my expectations. It's far better than i thought it would be and i like alot. Keep up the good work, Maiden!

Can someone who is pretty cluey at English, like Wrathy, Gorey and myself, please explain this line to me?

From Wildest Dreams:

When I remember back to how that things just used to be...

"How that things"??

Spiff said:
Can someone who is pretty cluey at English, like Wrathy, Gorey and myself, please explain this line to me?

"How that things"??

Yes, yes I can. Typo.

It should be "how the things" Not much better, but better.

The whole booklet's full of them.

For example:
I ran like hell faster than the wind. But behind I did not glance
One thing that I did not dare. Was to look look just straight ahead

In fact, pretty much all the lyrics to DOD have poor grammar.

For shame, Maiden lyric transcribers, for shame.

Does anyone else get goosebumps listening to the start of Face in the Sand?? Fuck me swinging..... .That intro builds and builds, and when the drums kick in, it just blows me away! I love that song. One of my faves on the album! Infact, it is probably my favorite 'non-epic' track on the albu,. I imagine the WHOA WHOA WHOA part towards the end would go off live.

Dance of Death = :headbang:

I've listened to it 3 times (not had much access to a CD player, as I'm on hols). Disappointed. Harris has lost it, IMO. Paschendale could be an awesome song if his bridge wasn't tacked onto it.

Fuck it...

Mark said:
I've listened to it 3 times (not had much access to a CD player, as I'm on hols). Disappointed. Harris has lost it, IMO. Paschendale could be an awesome song if his bridge wasn't tacked onto it.

Fuck it...
I'm with you on this Mark......to me it sounds really forced. There is no way as much melody on this as on BNW.........perhaps the re-union is already strained?
Fuck I'm dissapointed. It's mainly the sound of the thing........who else has Kevin Shirley produced? It sounds like the production off something like 'Hear in the now Frontier'............

Mark said:

Fuck it...

Are you disappointed in Paschendale or the whole album? I'm guessing both.