The Darkside Show July 28th

and this is the first i have seen of this thread...it was an interesting gig to be sure...would love to see some of the pics hoyt took...was totally great seeing james and kathy again...i missed you guys at the last show...and a true pleasure hanging out with hoyt too...thanks so much for coming...and paul?...we didnt know abotu this show til 2 weeks out and im always afraid i'll bother you...d.m.

yes, it was great to meet up with James and Kathy. You two were as nice as could be and we had some great conversation about music and the ProgPower shows through the years. Yeah, I'm always up for yammering on about my favorite bands and also hearing others' opinions on bands I may not know yet. Thanks! :tickled:

And hanging out with the guys from Devane and Halcyon Way was icing on the cake. Devane should seriously be considered at least for a future pre-show party, if not as an opener for the main festival itself. This (currently) three-piece unit really put on a great performance. They are each quite talented in their own right: T.C. was a consummate frontman - showing great emotion as he played (and he can play a damn mean guitar!); Gene was a monster on the bass, reminding me of the early days of W.A.S.P. with Blackie slinging hair everywhere and stalking the crowd; and the drummer Matt was anything but a background character. I think my teeth are still rattling. heh heh

Not to take anything away from the Halcyon Way guys... they had a great time on stage as well. And they (pleasantly) surprised me with their renditions of 'Sunglasses at Night' and 'Heaven & Hell'. They also had some great original material, especially later in their set. I just got more into the music of Devane from the start. I guess they are more my style.

If you're local to Atlanta and haven't made it out to a show with either of these bands, you owe it to yourself to do so. I've been one of the biggest fuddy-duddys over the past 10 years concerning the support of local shows. But I intend to remedy that going forward. Support your local Metal - no matter where you live! And Halcyon Way and Devane need to tag-team the clubs more often! Great Show!

:headbang:

~Hoyt.

we are talking with the guys in halcyon about just that...its in the works...both bands like playing on the same bill and it was a total blast getting two of the guys up on stage to sing with us (no it wasnt rehearsed but boy was it fun!!)...d.m.

Rider of Theli said:
yes, it was great to meet up with James and Kathy. You two were as nice as could be and we had some great conversation about music and the ProgPower shows through the years. Yeah, I'm always up for yammering on about my favorite bands and also hearing others' opinions on bands I may not know yet. Thanks! :tickled:

The pleasure was all ours; we had a great time, as well! Thanks again for the promo CD; I'm listening to it as I type this...

We'll see you at DragonForce in a couple of weeks :headbang:

Rider of Theli said:
Devane should seriously be considered at least for a future pre-show party

I'm all for that :kickass:

Rider of Theli said:
Not to take anything away from the Halcyon Way guys... they had a great time on stage as well. And they (pleasantly) surprised me with their renditions of 'Sunglasses at Night' and 'Heaven & Hell'. They also had some great original material

Agreed...and Sean has one hell of a voice!

diablomozart said:
we are talking with the guys in halcyon about just that...its in the works...both bands like playing on the same bill

That's certainly good news :headbang:

diablomozart said:
and it was a total blast getting two of the guys up on stage to sing with us (no it wasnt rehearsed but boy was it fun!!)

It was a total blast for those of us watching, as well :kickass:

Great to see you guys again! We're definitely looking forward to the next show...

diablomozart said:
and this is the first i have seen of this thread...it was an interesting gig to be sure...would love to see some of the pics hoyt took...was totally great seeing james and kathy again...i missed you guys at the last show...and a true pleasure hanging out with hoyt too...thanks so much for coming...and paul?...we didnt know abotu this show til 2 weeks out and im always afraid i'll bother you...d.m.

It was great seeing you guys again, too!!! Awesome show!:worship:

D.M., you totally kicked ass, as usual, as did Gene and Matt for that matter!!!!! They just didn't come down on the floor and play to me !!! :kickass: :worship: :headbang:

Rider of Theli said:

Well, it was great finally getting a chance to chat with you as well and hang out.... :kickass: Hope I didn't yack your ear off too much!!!! :lol:

Look forward to seeing you at Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil.:headbang: