ATL Local Show Reminders

LAST CALL!!! TONIGHT! at Insomnia!
Come out to help me celebrate my birthday!
Great Music! Great fans! Great Friends!!
...and there will be CAKE!!!

(and what's more metal than CAKE!?)

Just because it's MY birthday tomorrow doesn't mean I'm the
only one receiving gifts. I plan to give away a few choice cds
tonight in between band sets. So BE THERE to get yours!!!

uhbuhb-1.jpg

*unfortunately A Lower Deep will not be playing this show due to a recent lineup change.
The other three bands will be there and plan to perform extended sets and surprise cover tunes!
This show is not to be missed! BE THERE!!!
I hope you had a great party, Hoyt! Sorry I was unable to make it there. HAPPY BIRTHDAY all the same!:headbang::kickass::worship:

Hey y'all!

It's been a while, so here are things to catch everyone up in a nutshell:

1) Inviolate got a new drummer last month. His name is Carlos and he's really quite good at what he does, if I may say so. :)
2) WE HAVE A SHOW THIS WEEKEND! :D

082408_battle_of_the_bands.jpg

So please please please come on out to Vinyl this Sunday afternoon (yes, Sunday)! We really need every one of y'all out there and we'd love to celebrate our return to playing out with *all* of you!

PS -- yes, I will be updating that banner soon......
I hope the show goes very well for y'all! Congrats on the new drummer!

Thanks to all who were able to make it out to the west side last night for the Pathfinder Promotions Full Metal Birthday Bash! :kickass:

It was a great show with some fantastic surprises by each of the bands. If you missed it, you missed something special that may not be heard in metro Atlanta again for some time to come.

Series Overkill blazed through their set of Carcass-sounding melodic thrash/death metal. I've watched these guys get better and better over the past year or more. And they will soon be a force to be reckoned with in the Atlanta metal scene! They finished their set with Radu from Dead Rites on vocals, and they did an awesome job with Iron Maiden's 'Fear of the Dark'!

Dead Rites took the stage next and slayed the crowd with their set of modern thrash metal. They concluded their set with back-to-back covers of Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls (hey, is that an inside joke at my age? :Smug:) and Iron Maiden's 'The Trooper'!!!

And then Eclipsed By Sanity topped off the night, opening with several of their older, somewhat tweaked originals. And they shocked everyone in attendance when they suddenly broke into 'March of Mephisto' by Kamelot. That was an amazing birthday surprise for me. :tickled: Thanks guys! Great Job!

:headbang:

Again, thanks to all of you who made the drive from across Atlanta and as far away as Athens! You're the best bunch of friends a metal head could have. :worship:

I'll see you all again at ProgPower USA IX if not before. :kickass:

~Hoyt.

That flier DEMANDS you do a Running Wild cover.

Alas, I'll be watching scantily clad women performing in a trapeze production. Break a leg, guys

That flier DEMANDS you do a Running Wild cover.

LOL!

Meanwhile I was looking at the ship and thinking "She's ship-rigged with square sails, and with guns on one deck. Looks like a frigate, although a smallish one."

Yeah, I'm a sucker for Napoleonic naval books. :)

Alas, I'll be watching scantily clad women performing in a trapeze production.

Oh? Do tell!

I have no idea where this MooseTraxx place is, although at least it's on this side of the city, for once. :heh: Alas, I am apparently going to a show (for free) on Sunday night, so I might need my Saturday night to be clear.

Oh? Do tell!

Haha, one of my best friends is a trapeze artist in Athens, and she works at a studio called Canopy or something - she always says, "well, I have Canopy that night, etc. etc." so I'm assuming that's the name of the place. Anywho, they usually do trapeze and dancing for this off-the-wall band in Athens, Kite To The Moon, and their shows are REALLY risque and awesome; and this show at Canopy is supposed to be more artsy with a story of sorts, kinda theaterish, but still just as engaging. Should be lots of fun :cool:

Good luck to you guys! Will there be a special Christmas show this year? There's no other place(other than at home, naturally) I'd love to celebrate my birthday at than at a local metal show!

ATTN: Patrick just asked me to post the unfortunate news that the entire show at the MooseTraxx club has been canceled this Saturday night. As a matter of fact, all shows going forward are being canceled because the club is closing it's doors permanently.

Eclipsed By Sanity are going to try to salvage the show and play somewhere in the ATL this weekend, so watch for one of the guys to update this thread in the next day or so if they can land a gig.

Thanks for the continued support of your local metal bands.

That's too bad. Always sad to hear a club closing. Even one I've never been to or heard of until recent days. But everytime I read its name I get the craving to go and get some icecream.

Art, the promoter of The Local at Sidelines Bar and Grille located at 1440 ROSWELL ROAD MARIETTA, GA.
30062 has been kind enough to add us to their show on Saturday October 25th with Night's Watch, Stiilpoint and Ligument!

This being said, we need as many people to come out as possible to this show, because we wanna show The Local and Art that we can bring a good number of people out on short notice. This will only increase our chances of proving that we can bring a decent crowd regardless of the timing.

Most of you have seen us perform there before under the Pathfinder Promotions banner--so come out and support us this time as well!

Good luck to you guys. I live like an hour away from The Local and sure wish i could attend this show. Hope to see y'all there in December?

No, we don't play there in December. Our last show of the year is at Insomnia for their 2nd annual Dimebag Darrell Tribute show that we will be 'headlining' again.

Then we'll come storming into 2009 on January 3rd at The Local with Tetrarch and Series Overkill. We hope to unveil a couple/few new songs by then as well.

No, we don't play there in December. Our last show of the year is at Insomnia for their 2nd annual Dimebag Darrell Tribute show that we will be 'headlining' again.

Then we'll come storming into 2009 on January 3rd at The Local with Tetrarch and Series Overkill. We hope to unveil a couple/few new songs by then as well.
Cool. Good luck with the new songs! Here's to witnessing your forthcoming EP seeing the light of day by January, we hope.:kickass: