The Death of Audiogalaxy and opinions following its demise.

I agree with Misanthrope, the reason he's saying you all are biased is you're just kissing Vintersorg's ass, which I also agree with.

If it weren't for mp3's, I would probably not even be into metal, it's not as if any of my friends are into metal and can recommend bands to me. I own three Vintersorg CD's, which wouldn't have sold had it not been for the mp3's that got me into him (Which I downloaded through audiogalaxy, I would have been too fucking lazy to go through a website to get them)

yea i got into alot of bands through downloading too so it was very helpful to have. i would say the solution would be the band would have to have mp3s on there website (like 3 or so) and then if you like those, you buy the cds. of course this has been brought up before but im just stating what i would do and or would like to see.

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
ok, misanthrope, your nickname puts your attitude very well! if your feeling better, then go on insulting people and behaving childish! but don't be insulted if the people here ignore the further crap you write here! this is not church, it's a forum where you can express your opinion but accept others in the same way they accept yours! and if you'll flood it to death like you said, we'll just send a little e-mail to mark and you're banned! got it now?

@deadwinterdead:i didn't accuse you, actually i didn't accuse anyone, just kept it general!

Hehehe, i did flooded the inflames forum for several pages and nothing happened to me. Mark might be the owner of UM but im the King of UM:devil:

Originally posted by Oyo
I agree with Misanthrope, the reason he's saying you all are biased is you're just kissing Vintersorg's ass, which I also agree with.

If it weren't for mp3's, I would probably not even be into metal, it's not as if any of my friends are into metal and can recommend bands to me. I own three Vintersorg CD's, which wouldn't have sold had it not been for the mp3's that got me into him (Which I downloaded through audiogalaxy, I would have been too fucking lazy to go through a website to get them)

The only assed I ever kissed in here is yours, Oyo! :loco: *lick lick*

Short version:
1) Download just to get an impression is totally cool! = free PR
2) Download full albums for regular listening = un-cool
3) mp3 sound quality SUCK!
4) It's nice to know what kinds of albums u wanna order if u
can't listen to them instore.
5) I'll never buy mp3's. I buy audio CD's

1 more thing: The commercial business looses a lot more than
alternative! I know that my friends who never buys any CD's
listen to commercial stuff, while the alternative ones have loads
of cd's. We all have about the same Internet access.
Think about that! Because the commercial ones usually don't
have such a conscious relationship towards music!
I've seen this, and so have you! I bet u did!

Originally posted by Tyr
Well , this problem might be solved once and for all with this new technology :p

http://www.urbanreflex.com/may24_02/record.html

Isn´t it wonderful for Sony/Phillips/... that we all will have to buy new devices to listen to music....

But i´ve heard another thing that made me scared: the way the market will go: for the audiophil classic fanatics, there will be the Super-Audio-Cd, with increased sound quality (alltough the test persons couldn´t hear a difference) by doubled sampling frequency, and for the commercial sector, there will be some reduced storing format similar to mp3. The intention behind is, as above mentioned, that everyone has to buy new devices, the CD has been on the market for much too long.... :(

Eeerrrhhmm...you do realize that it was a joke?!
They were referring to vinyl (Lp's)...., and most of what was on that site was infact true , except the part about it being new.....

Originally posted by Lordenlil
3) mp3 sound quality SUCK!

Some do, some don't. Recorded properly at 128 or more kbps, you get decent quality. I'm ripping all my (600+) CDs to MP3 to make my life easier when I start traveling, not to distribute. I cannot tell the difference between the MP3s and the CD sound quality. Then again, I'm not an audiophile, and I can barely tell the difference between surround sound and 2 channel sound...

Originally posted by Tyr
Eeerrrhhmm...you do realize that it was a joke?!
They were referring to vinyl (Lp's)...., and most of what was on that site was infact true , except the part about it being new.....

:lol: Things are getting even more fun. :lol:
Hmmm - Tyr, u reminded me: Roadkill Extravaganza. The part
where Satyr 'sings' along with Celtic Frost (if I remember correctly)
in the bus.. he he he he heeeee :D