The Descent

It's a brilliant movie. Dog Soldiers was also most awesome, being the film before he made The Descent.

Do you know they dumbed down the ending for American audiences? Apparently test screenings of the original UK version in the US made for alot of confused people, so they dumbed it down. :)

Yeah in the end of the Uk version shes actually still in the cave, instead of getting away while she sees her dead friend. yeah I ruined it. Ha.

interesting. I have only seen the us version. I thought the ending sucked, that is one of the reasons i thought the movie wasn't so great. Does the ending in the uk version make it that much better?

The ending makes it much better, a lot more annoying anyway. What happened in the US version?

They just cut out the final scene where she is back in the cave. Apparently American test audiences were confused because she had seemingly gotten out. :Smug:

Happens alot.

American test audiences are often confused, by such things as dreams, visions, quick changes of scene etc etc.

:lol:

Has anybody seen Salvage, very interesting movie, an smart but gorey film with a huge twist at the end, this movie surprisingly reminds me of Ground Hogs Day....hahaa

The Tooth Fairy? Are you joking? The silly 'scary' bitch in it looked like the witch creatures in the Devil May Cry series. It was amusing, not scary or shocking.
I disagree, I think the movie was a perfect breath of fresh air to a stale genre. Also some of the gore scenes are very very well done. The other movies I listed, while not necessarily the most gorey, are picked for innovation, cinematography, gore, basically all parameters. I didn't go for the obvious, ie. Devils Rejects, etc...

I disagree, I think the movie was a perfect breath of fresh air to a stale genre. Also some of the gore scenes are very very well done. The other movies I listed, while not necessarily the most gorey, are picked for innovation, cinematography, gore, basically all parameters. I didn't go for the obvious, ie. Devils Rejects, etc...

Hopefully because the Devils Rejects was terrible.