The Descent

I would have appreciated the Devils Rejects if it was supposed to be comedy rather than horror.

The Tooth Fairy pulled on the same elements as heaps of other films in the genre, but then I suppose it would be hard not to do. And I guess it could be forgiven for having a freaky kid in it just because it was about the Tooth Fairy but still...I found it abysmal.

Horror is a reasonably stagnant genre. That's more to do with what studios are willing to fund and evident in the massive amount of terrible horror movies released every year, though, I'd suppose.

Horror is a reasonably stagnant genre. That's more to do with what studios are willing to fund and evident in the massive amount of terrible horror movies released every year.

I think they release so many because horror movies cost so little to make, and bring rich returns from all those goddamn ignorant American teenage males--who cant comprehend anything more than a standard horror or comic book superhero movie--who line up every weekend to see the next terrible and derivative horror movie.

Reactions: derek
One of the reasons I don't watch many major Hollywood horror flicks, because they aren't actually very scary, and because the quality has gotten progressively worse over the years.

I'm not a personal fan of the popular=bad dichtomy, to be honest. That being said, it does follow a general pattern.

That available for general consumption will always be watered down, always. When one says Horror, I can't recall a single movie I've seen in ten years (and I watch a plethora of both underground and popular movies) that has genuinely scared me in any lasting way.

Reactions: speed
I'm not a personal fan of the popular=bad dichtomy, to be honest. That being said, it does follow a general pattern.

That available for general consumption will always be watered down, always. When one says Horror, I can't recall a single movie I've seen in ten years (and I watch a plethora of both underground and popular movies) that has genuinely scared me in any lasting way.

If you want to be scared, watch Bill O' Reilly, the Beltway Boys, well any Fox news program, Katie Couric deliver the "news", An Inconvenient Truth, or a Michael Moore film. Amazing how scary these people or one-sided polemics are.

Although it is a stereotype I don't inherently agree with (Americans are idiots), I do accept the fact that many of the people I know, have grown up with, and all the people they know (as I have gotten to know them personally) are complacent morons.

idiots no. morons yes.

Although it is a stereotype I don't inherently agree with (Americans are idiots), I do accept the fact that many of the people I know, have grown up with, and all the people they know (as I have gotten to know them personally) are complacent morons.

idiots no. morons yes.

I am American. Are you saying that I am stupid. If not, what are you trying to say?

PLEASE tell me that's a joke. I watched that pile of shit and I never laughed so hard in my life. You are joking, right? Seriously.

Hahaha...yeah that movie is very humorous. It is a great movie imo, based on a HP Lovecraft story. Although it is not very scary, it relies more on it's surreal atmosphere and characters which I thought were briliantly portrayed by the actors in the film, which contribute some very memorable performances.

I'm American too, as my first response was directed at this:
Because americans are stupid. Period.

I'm merely saying that makng the statement all Americans are idiots is foolish; although based on my experiences with people, it would be safer to say that the majority of people don't care about certain issues that are global concerns or don't go about questioning anything they think they know.

Again, not all Americans are stupid (of course not), but (in my experience) a great many deal of them areself centered and complacent.

edit: Anyone can argue if that is a good or a bad thing, but the fact is I'm not trying to start such an argument.