The Development of an Album

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey dudes. I figured I'd just make this a long-going thread, so you can see the development of an album I'm working on with a band called "Alchemists".

Every once in a while, I'm going to post some samples of either same songs, or different songs on here, so I can get input on mixes and what not. The first one I'm working on is a simple setup- 2 guitars, 1 bass, and drums (For now). The only thing that is edited at the moment is the drums (quantized and whatnot), all the guitars have been left raw with the exception of a few copy+paste areas. And at the moment, the mix is quite quiet, because it's not mastered yet. Let me know how it sounds for sage 1! Check it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4985090/ACR/ACRMix1Sample.mp3

Mix sounds great!

There is already a band called "Alchemist" from AU. They just got off tour with Meshuggah, and their next album is going to be mixed by Devin Townsend. Might be too close for comfort, who knows?

I just had a show nearly get shut down because one of the bands was unknowingly infringing on another band in CA. Cease and desist letters, damage fees, the works. Ugh what a mess.

Mix sounds great!

There is already a band called "Alchemist" from AU. They just got off tour with Meshuggah, and their next album is going to be mixed by Devin Townsend. Might be too close for comfort, who knows?

I just had a show nearly get shut down because one of the bands was unknowingly infringing on another band in CA. Cease and desist letters, damage fees, the works. Ugh what a mess.

I should probabllly let these guys know that they need to change their name! :yow:

Good thing they're new.

These drums are sounding so original and natural! You must tell me what your drum setup was.

I think I hear a little chatter in the overheads?

"good take. now i'll just run this through my SSL channel..."

These drums are sounding so original and natural! You must tell me what your drum setup was.

I think I hear a little chatter in the overheads?

"good take. now i'll just run this through my SSL channel..."

Hey, you're so funny man. I laughed really hard when I read this. It's really funny and it made me laugh, can you make me laugh more please?

sorry man....I can't resist anymore...

ssl.gif