The Devil You Know

I'd forgotten why I never come here any more, and reading this and a few other threads today has brought it all flooding back. There are just too many whiney wee bitches on here, complaining about everything, and dragging everything into a Bush v Belladonna arguement. All I care about is, Anthrax are back, and they are fucking rocking. I loved Fight 'Em, and having listened to Devil You Know 10 times in a row, I fucking love it too. My favourite band are back, and thats all I care about. I grew up with Joey as the singer, and loved John Bush as well, and could care less who was singing, as long as they are still bringing out cracking music, thats all that matters. I could be several more years before I come back if certain people don't fucking grow up or disappear up their own arses. Peace!!!!

I'd forgotten why I never come here any more, and reading this and a few other threads today has brought it all flooding back. There are just too many whiney wee bitches on here, complaining about everything, and dragging everything into a Bush v Belladonna arguement. All I care about is, Anthrax are back, and they are fucking rocking. I loved Fight 'Em, and having listened to Devil You Know 10 times in a row, I fucking love it too. My favourite band are back, and thats all I care about. I grew up with Joey as the singer, and loved John Bush as well, and could care less who was singing, as long as they are still bringing out cracking music, thats all that matters. I could be several more years before I come back if certain people don't fucking grow up or disappear up their own arses. Peace!!!!

Well said! :devil:

God bless you!
We are the Third Way,
We know the truth,
join us :tickled::tickled:

seriously: I can't said nothing more, you're rightly right!

Whaaa I cant handle all this fighting whaaaa.

Lol. Hello to you again friend. See you haven't fucking grown up yet anyway. Hahaha!!!!!! I thought you'd have grown a fucking pair by now. Mummy still let you on the computer then. Whaaaaa indeed.

Oh well look whos back so soon. Thought you had ran far away with your tail between your legs already?

Lol. Hello to you again friend. See you haven't fucking grown up yet anyway. Hahaha!!!!!! I thought you'd have grown a fucking pair by now. Mummy still let you on the computer then. Whaaaaa indeed.

There is always a drama queen like you every now and then that will come around saying how they aren't coming around here because of fighting blah blah. Its a fucking internet URL. It takes 1 click and you are here. I love how people make it seem like this big, go out of your way, travel 1000 miles to get to a message forum. Give me a break.

I think Jonnie made a post like this a while back and said he was leaving and is still here every day.

The fun with message board forums :D:D

well..... boy this is a long time coming.. this is like the first real song I have heard with Joey being 'back'. Its got metal core chorus/verse. I fucking HATE metal core bullshit. It has some elements of thrash, great riffs. I am conflicted. Very conflicted indeed. Joey sounds fucking wicked. Thats for sure.

well..... boy this is a long time coming.. this is like the first real song I have heard with Joey being 'back'. Its got metal core chorus/verse. I fucking HATE metal core bullshit. It has some elements of thrash, great riffs. I am conflicted. Very conflicted indeed. Joey sounds fucking wicked. Thats for sure.

Hey redeyes long time..... I remember you well...... and your avatar!!!!! TDYK is cool. You haven't heard Fight Em Till You Can't yet?

The more and more I hear, the more and more I can't f'n wait for this album to come out. So far my biggest fears have been alleviated. They did not do the lame nostalgia move and try to recapture some past sound. Anthrax 2011 is sounding pretty kick ass. :Smokedev::worship::Smokedev::worship:

I also heard in an interview that they pretty much stuck Joey in a room and said "go do your thing," and didn't try to micro manage the vocals like they had in the past, and I gotta say it sounds like it worked out great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with ya on that! :headbang:

Anthrax :worship: MUSIC

The more and more I hear, the more and more I can't f'n wait for this album to come out. So far my biggest fears have been alleviated. They did not do the lame nostalgia move and try to recapture some past sound. Anthrax 2011 is sounding pretty kick ass. :Smokedev::worship::Smokedev::worship:

I also heard in an interview that they pretty much stuck Joey in a room and said "go do your thing," and didn't try to micro manage the vocals like they had in the past, and I gotta say it sounds like it worked out great.

Well he did have the original versions to listen to and compare to, melody-wise. I'm sure there were changes and stuff he took liberties with but it's not like he didn't know what they were expecting, melody-wise.

At least we can all (well almost all) agree on one thing here.

Joey sounds very good. It seems even the most die hard John Bush worshipers are even a bit surprised in how good Joey sounds... Scott Ian being one of them.

I always knew Joey would sound good. His voice has never gone bad. Sure a performance here or there it could have been off. But he takes care of himself and takes pride in his voice.

My fears were that the rest of the band still couldn't figure out how to write great thrash songs. This song has more in common with The Damned Things than it does with the Joey era Anthrax. So I am let down by that. This certainly doesn't appear to be a return to greatness of a thrash metal legend. But we'll see what the rest of the album has in store.

My fears were that the rest of the band still couldn't figure out how to write great thrash songs.

You really are ridiculous.

Do you really honestly believe that was what they set out to do? They want to put out a great METAL record and do what the fuck THEY want. They don't sit down and say, "ok, now, what does IMF09 want from this record...... oh, that's right....a thrash metal record......better get to it guys....!!!"

What retarded fantasy land do you live in?