The diet choice thread

I'm about 25 mins into your video. Honestly this guy comes of WAY less douche bag moron than the idiot that made that doc you recommended.

Do I agree with? No, but he was way more tolerable.

Honestly though I don't think the spouting of "Speciesism" is going to get people to convert much like yelling in the face of an atheist that he is a sinning asshole who is going to hell is going to get him to go "oh yeah my bad let me stop that and listen to what you have to say because I must be wrong!"

I'm about 25 mins into your video. Honestly this guy comes of WAY less douche bag moron than the idiot that made that doc you recommended.

Do I agree with? No, but he was way more tolerable.

Honestly though I don't think the spouting of "Speciesism" is going to get people to convert much like yelling in the face of an atheist that he is a sinning asshole who is going to hell is going to get him to go "oh yeah my bad let me stop that and listen to what you have to say because I must be wrong!"

I can't find the resemblance between explaining speciesism and telling an atheist he's going to hell. Hell is imaginary, it's a threat that no one will ever see fulfilled because it's supposed to happen after you die, it's pointless to tell people they're going to hell. His points on the other hand, are not about imaginary shit or imaginary places, he's talking about life.

Did you (or anyone) manage to see the whole thing? Questions included?

That was quite funny and well done, and I can certainly call this conversation over as I feel I've expressed all I wanted to, but I hope you're just posting it in good will as nothing more than a funny video related to vegetarianism, and you don't actually think the video makes a serious point.

And if anyone wants to continue this thread, I'm completely open to it, but I ask whoever who wants to refute veganism first watch the video I posted in full and we can go on from there.

I just lost close to 40 pounds in 4.5 months....quite easy actually, EAT LESS SHIT!
I counted calories for a while, turns out I consumed like 6000-8000 calories per day...no wonder I got fat.
just ate a bit more "aware" and lost like 20KG in no time...piss easy, no diet or anything...just common sense

I just lost close to 40 pounds in 4.5 months....quite easy actually, EAT LESS SHIT!
I counted calories for a while, turns out I consumed like 6000-8000 calories per day...no wonder I got fat.
just ate a bit more "aware" and lost like 20KG in no time...piss easy, no diet or anything...just common sense

Quite true, being in a healthy weight level is easy if you really want to do it and stay focused on your goal

I'm not gonna categorically state that you weren't eating that much, because I don't even know you, but that really is a lot. That's the sort of amount that you actually have to make a concerted effort to eat.
That's eating loads when you actually don't want to eat any more.

And also, a diet is just a conscious change to your eating habits, so purposely eating less is a diet.

I hope you're just posting it in good will as nothing more than a funny video related to vegetarianism, and you don't actually think the video makes a serious point.

Uhhh...did you actually watch the video? It had Killer cows from the future... snap out of it dude and start eating meat before its too late.

Awesome dude, I'm glad the thread helped, it's true when I tell my family "I don't eat meat, dairy or eggs anymore" they're all like "then what CAN you eat??" when the reality is that the variety is huge when you actually search for it.

There's a lot of contradicting and debated studies on nutrition so we can't say we're completely sure about everything, but it's undeniable how much our diet affects our health, so I wouldn't be surprised it helped with your arthritis

didnt notice this post(s), but re:arthiritis : its worth reading up about the Hay diet.. I seem to recall Dr Hay recommended celery juice and abstaining from coffee, spices and alcohol.... thats if memory serves me correctly.

Uhhh...did you actually watch the video? It had Killer cows from the future... snap out of it dude and start eating meat before its too late.

Hahahahaha dude, I saw it, it was funny, really, I didn't mean to sound smug or anything, it's just that at the end they try real hard to make a point about vegetarians doing it just to feel special and superior, so I said it hoping you didn't try to say that. Sorry if it came out as "not funny, makes fun of vegetarians" cause that was not my intention.

In order to help the mood, I've always found this really funny:
look-vegetarians-my-dinner-is-taking-a-shit-on-yours.jpg

I'm not gonna categorically state that you weren't eating that much, because I don't even know you, but that really is a lot. That's the sort of amount that you actually have to make a concerted effort to eat.
That's eating loads when you actually don't want to eat any more.

Yeah, anything 4000+ is a hassle to actually get down. 8000 a day is the diet of someone who weighs 300lbs.

Many animals eat animals.
Humans eat animals (humans are animals).

Unless we kill animals for fun (bull, dog fighting, etc.) or another reason other than food, there's nothing morally wrong with it.