The DOOM METAL thread (plus subgenres)

Raptor7

Apr 21, 2009
Hi guys, many of you play or listen to fast and tight genres of heavy, thrash or death metal, some very technical and thats alright. But this thread is about Doom Metal music and production only, hopefully.
So I will start this by posting some music I like to listen on a regular basis

Swallow The Sun - Doomed To Walk The Earth - i like the overall production feeling

Dailight Dies - Last Alone - I love the vocals work, the acoustic guitars

Cathedral - Ebony Tears - great funeral song vibe

Esoteric - Circle - great psychedelic doom metal

Mouth Of The Architect - Hate and Headache - great vibe

Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde - although categorised as shoegaze I think its much closer to romantic doom

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually didn't missed it, but I already posted a lot of cool songs for a posting.
Great songs you posted guys.

It's way too fucking long to post, and probably wouldn't be considered doom by some, but Green Carnation's "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" is one of the most beautifully melancholy albums/songs I've ever heard :worship: (moaning chick/saxamaphone break notwithstanding :lol: )

Thread needs more Trouble! Those signature guitar harmonies are so unmistakeable. Eric Wagner is one of my favourite singers of that genre... and their debut "Psalm 9" just godlike.

And this one: :kickass: is dedicated to Wino and his work with St. Vitus.

My dying bridge? hahahahaha :p

I'm a big fan of doom too, though I prefer doom/death a la Swallow the sun and Daylight Dies. I really dig Shape of despair and Mar de grises too, I often put Angels of distress when I go to bed.

Oopps, My dying Bride of course:)

mouth of the architect - quietly is way too much of an uplifting album to ever be classified as doom

same goes for SunnO))) & Boris - Etna
wtf
that song is pure joy