The Doom Metal thread

i guess we'll never see a new great doom metal band again, like ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, PARADISE LOST, AMORPHIS, TIAMAT and others...

but when i listened the first record from THEATRE OF TRAGEDY, i said:

Man, they can be the hope of the doom metal, but we know what happened, the birth of the GOTHIC METAL, and i said: what the hell is this?

bleeeeeeerrrrgh

Dude, I wouldn't call Amorphis or Tiamat doom metal. As for the bands you listed, you should seriously check out Mourning Beloveth and Morgion.

best video ever. I have it on my computer ripped from my copy of In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend.

Hey Ohiogrinder...

Since you are getting into all this great music. Do yourself a favor, if you havent already, and check out Orodruin - Epicurean Mass. Along with Warning, imo, they are the best active Doom Metal band around. Superb songwriting, excellent mood, great use of organ, tremendous heavy riffs from john Gallo, and Mike Puleo is the one of the best vocalist around too. Their split 12" with Rev Bizarre is fucking ridiculous. When they finally drop their next album, hopefully by the end of the year, they are gonna shake the fucking earth.

Godamn, I cant wait for DOBD festival. 2 more weeks!!!!! :kickass:

Hey Ohiogrinder...

Since you are getting into all this great music. Do yourself a favor, if you havent already, and check out Orodruin - Epicurean Mass. Along with Warning, imo, they are the best active Doom Metal band around. Superb songwriting, excellent mood, great use of organ, tremendous heavy riffs from john Gallo, and Mike Puleo is the one of the best vocalist around too. Their split 12" with Rev Bizarre is fucking ridiculous. When they finally drop their next album, hopefully by the end of the year, they are gonna shake the fucking earth.

Godamn, I cant wait for DOBD festival. 2 more weeks!!!!! :kickass:

well I LOVE Warning, so I will check this out...

I am sort of shocked that I searched this thread and it appears no one has mentioned the mighty Yob!! Their 4 albums are some of the best Doom Metal ever recorded, nice and sloooooow motion.

my favourites bands and records:

my dying bride - the angel and the dark river
anathema - the silent enigma
amorphis - tales from the thousand lakes
tiamat - wild honey
paradise lost - shades of god
the gathering - nightime birds
lacuna coil - lacuna coil
theatre of tragedy - theatre of tragedy
solitude aeturnus - through the darkest hour

i'm crying now:cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: