The Doom Metal thread

Not like you though obviously because you are teh hardest tough cunt on all teh internets. No foolin.
Not really. I never try to act hard. I'll even admit, I'm not hard. Just cause I talk about lifting weights doesn't make me an internet hardass. One the otherhand, he threatned to drive over to someone's house and beat them up in another thread. There is a big difference between talking about working out and threatening to go over to someone's house and kick their ass.

Back on topic, I prefer extreme doom to stoner/trad doom probably because I tend to listen to extreme metal much more than traditional metal. Some trad doom almost sounds like bluesy hardrock on steroids.

I like the s/t WAY more too, but I can see someone enjoying Firewood more as well. They are both very different, aesthetically.

Well, to be fair, I liked Firewood more until I actually paid attention to the s/t!
But songs like "Witchcraft" "Please Don't Forget Me" and "Her Sisters They Were Weak" are too awesome to ignore!

Not really. I never try to act hard. I'll even admit, I'm not hard. Just cause I talk about lifting weights doesn't make me an internet hardass. One the otherhand, he threatned to drive over to someone's house and beat them up in another thread. There is a big difference between talking about working out and threatening to go over to someone's house and kick their ass.

It must be challenging getting through life with no sense of irony whatsoever.

Exactly. Because they aren't the same. Youre right.

Musical style A has been...then Musical style B comes along and attaches itself to term for style A. There was no progression people, so thats not the argument.

Godamnit, enough of this already. :heh:

Quick question: What style of Doom are Disembowelment?

Every release by Disembowelment has a different sound from the other. Very death/doom on Transcendence Into The Peripheral, ambient/funeral doom with middle eastern influences(?) on Mourning September and somewhat traditional funeral doom on Dusk.

This has nothing to do with anything besides Swallow The Sun.
So this jagbag burnout next door to me at my apartment complex always blasts elton john, mc cartney, white lion i think i heard a few times...anyways he's just an alcoholic w/ bad music taste.
Im moving out in few weeks to buy a house and im usually respectable w/ my music.So yesterday i decide to turn the first track off of Swallow the Sun's Ghosts of Loss cd.
Cranked that fucker to 30 and let it go for about an hour to piss this prick off. He actually knocked on my door and said " im scared of that stuff mannnnn" LMFAO

Anyone heard of the band burning witch apparently their album crippled lucifer is really good extreme doom metal.

Every release by Disembowelment has a different sound from the other. Very death/doom on Transcendence Into The Peripheral, ambient/funeral doom with middle eastern influences(?) on Mourning September and somewhat traditional funeral doom on Dusk.

finally someone else appreciates this band besides me!

He's probably 5'4 120 lbs soaking wet and would get his ass kicked by a girl. This seems to be the case with most internet tough guys who try to appear all hard on teh internet.

Watch it. Seriously. He works as a hitman, you know.

PS! Saw Witchcraft last August, and they ruled! I prefer the s/t, too.

Disembowelment is cool. I do prefere Evoken who I think takes major influence from them while still having their own sound and takes the influences to other levels. Disembowelment broke up soon so who knows what they would have sounded like.