The Doom Metal thread

Several bands actually. I haven't got you on my "asshole taste" list at all. If you have me on yours, kindly remove me slightly.

I guess earlier Paradist Lost isn't "real doom" because it has that downcast, gloomy quality to it, eh? I love early Paradise Lost, and they were my favorite band when I was in my mid/late teens.

i guess we'll never see a new great doom metal band again, like ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, PARADISE LOST, AMORPHIS, TIAMAT and others...

but when i listened the first record from THEATRE OF TRAGEDY, i said:

Man, they can be the hope of the doom metal, but we know what happened, the birth of the GOTHIC METAL, and i said: what the hell is this?

bleeeeeeerrrrgh

i guess we'll never see a new great doom metal band again, like ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, PARADISE LOST, AMORPHIS, TIAMAT and others...

but when i listened the first record from THEATRE OF TRAGEDY, i said:

Man, they can be the hope of the doom metal, but we know what happened, the birth of the GOTHIC METAL, and i said: what the hell is this?

bleeeeeeerrrrgh

Mourning Beloveth? Also, there's plenty of utterly fucking superb Doom Metal coming out. Not Gothic, Funeral, Death Doom shit. TRADITIONAL Doom Metal. It's insane how much great shit has been coming out.

Anyone else posting here now enjoy Arcane Sun? There used to be a few Arcane Sun fanboys on these boards, but they don't post here anymore.

Right here. An amazing album. I'm not sure if it's doom, as much as a combination of different sounds.

I've still got the unreleased album on CD-r, but don't have the means (if I do, don't know how to use them) to upload it.

-----------------------
I'm not much into doom. Morgion is great. I agree with Doomcifer about funeral doom. The only band I can listen to is Skepticism, though I'm not a doom elitist or whatever. Trad doom, to me, is a waste of time. Other than Sabbath.

But yes, drone is shit.

well you learn something new everyday

speaking of Trouble, am I the only one who thinks 'The Skull' is superior to 'Pslam 9'?