The DOOM METAL thread (plus subgenres)

^ Man, I love the bass guitar sound and the production overall. I listened to it first time you have posted this, last year. Huge sound, great music. Too bad for your amp though, as far as I remember the builder died. Cheers.

And pls, guys, If your bands or projects have anything to do at all with doom metal and all the subgenres (including post-metal, drone and shoegaze) feel free to promote your stuff here. It's great to know about you all and support you. Cheers.

I looove Doom, all kinds, my own band does Doom/death with some modern influences like Daylight Dies and such bands. I have a horrible sounding demo up on myspace, we are currently finishin a mix on a new one with real drums that sounds much better coming up very soon, but I´m gonna post the myspace anyways http://http://www.myspace.com/adintra

By the way, now that we´re at it, Egan, I saw Swallow the Sun and Katatonia last Friday, I had to mention swallow´s singer (sorry, I´m a big fan of them but I´m terrible with finnish names lol) was wearing a Daylight dies "lost at the winter tour" T-shirt on stage. Just mentioning, I found it pretty cool to see that.

And to add to the thread, a bit away from Doom/death but this band and this song kick total ass (no they didnt play it when I saw them)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must also recommend this band, to me it sounds like what Anathema would be today if they would´ve stayed on the Doom/death path (not that I don´t love what they do right now and are one of my favorite bands), plus I love the basslines, very rhythmic and un-metal in a way, not just following the guitars but not doodling around on melodies either, much more "rhythmically creative" than just "melodic" I would say

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, now that we´re at it, Egan, I saw Swallow the Sun and Katatonia last Friday, I had to mention swallow´s singer (sorry, I´m a big fan of them but I´m terrible with finnish names lol) was wearing a Daylight dies "lost at the winter tour" T-shirt on stage. Just mentioning, I found it pretty cool to see that.
Yeah, Miko wore one in their some promo shots for the last record as well. We are pretty good friends with both of those bands so we have kept them well stocked with t-shirts over the years. Of course it's still very flattering to see those guys supporting us.