The DT forum member survival thread

Hey, everyone lay off, it seems like a fun way to pass the time to me...and the board wont degenerate, I was kinda proud of how close-knit most of us were...if you don't like a post, dont flame it, ignore it, otherwise it becomes no better than some of the other boards...
Oh, and by the way, can we nominate peanuts?
Peanuts - salty snacks from a land beyond time, seeking the unseekable in a quest unknown :D

I don't think anybody's flaming, and frankly i don't see why i should ignore something i don't like.

I believe i'm entitled in saying my opinion, nomatter how people might dislike it. Isn't that what it says in the forum rules anyway?

Imo, as much as hyena (or x, y ,z member for that matter) is entitled in posting crappy threads, i'm as much entitled in expressing my objection in these very same threads.
And as much as you'd like me to ignore this thread or any other because i don't like it, i'd as much like you to ignore my posts because you don't like them.

So you people need to lay off too, and you should really relax and think a bit more: not everyone agrees with you (what would the point be in that?), and you really shouldn't be so shocked when you discover that some people might have a different view on matters than yours.

Oh, and for the record, i have nothing against having fun (however much i'd like that i'm not very true), but i'm a bit more in favour of having fun in an intelligent way. I can put up with pointless and even stupid threads, but there's a limit to everything. And superficial popularity contests cross my limit.

@phyre: apparently the forum moderator (who's that guy, btw?) has spoken in vain. this board is nothing like the opeth forum off-topic section. if you have something to back up your claims that things are otherwise i suppose everybody will be interested. if you don't, i see no reason other than try and stir up trouble in calling for moderation whenever you think it might foster your cause and dismiss it as unimportant in all other cases. i'm sure you don't expect me to censor all threads/post that everybody does not like.

@siren: i fail to see what's at the pointy end of your piercing weapon this time. everything you said you were perfectly entitled to say and i only read ppl posting their opinions against yours, which is again what they were perfectly entitled to do. now in this wonderful land of the free everyone is behaving the way he/she should/could and i have the feeling your fight is becoming sterile, unless there's a point i'm missing.

rahvin.

Unlike the Dwarf, I believe I see Siren's point pretty well - and concur to it to some degree.

In my opinion this kind of poll might be pretty funny, but I also see the grave danger it proposes - the danger that some people might possibly find themselves unwanted here once they have been voted "out". I know that this doesn't concern the vast majority the least bit, but even one sensitive poster lost in this way would be too much.

If this poll is to be made, it should be stressed in the strongest way possible that the poll-results do not reflect the real popularity of any person here - rather, the reasoning behind the voting should be based on something else, like "the least funny poster", "the most up-tight poster" or something like that. This way all the risks would be avoided, I think.

-Villain (with fever - and thus not studying at the moment)

@villain: now this sounds like a sensible point to me, although i really couldn't imagine for the life of me who could take this joke seriously :confused:
i think the chances someone is - unfortunately - oversensitive to this issue are similar to that of someone being oversensitive to a thread about chinese food. as much as we never felt the need to fill every thread with disclaimers about how much we don't want to hurt anybody, i didn't see a need to state anything clearer than it was apparent on this one...
so, ppl oversensitive to exclusion, speak now or... get the fuck out of here this moment, you're not welcome anymore!! :p

this was a joke.

a joke, ok?

a-j-o-k-e :p

rahvin. (joking)

@hyena : thanx for naming me first !
I thought of you some days ago,too - In Extremo were at Mannheim and I would have tried to get a signed CD or card or something else for you if it had been on another day ( things like that are always happening when you got other things to do..) - I'm really sorry :cry:

"giant dwarf"? that has to be terrible :lol:

ladycal: don't worry, your intention is much appreciated anyway!

hyena

@phyre:

i was referring to the "the forum moderator has spoken; let us turn this into the opeth forum ii". i somehow thought this meant i had the intention or agreed on the forum degradation to happen. i reread it as you suggested while being lucid and sober, and still don't find many other ways to interpret this sentence. if in your heart you were trying to say something entirely different, of course i got you wrong.

as for my intervention, i merely stated my opinion. i piss my breeches just to think there's anybody here who's actually in awe of it. ;)
my being neutral is not as in me not having ideas or keeping them to myself. i'm neutral because i don't kill the threads i don't like. if you also take the time to reread my first post here on the matter you'll probably see i said i was against intervention. since i had been mentioned before, i expressed my view and why i felt this thread was as innocent as can be and not exactly the ante-chamber of the dreaded opeth board. as much as all who don't like this thread can mourn all day and night, everybody else can say how silly they think all the mourning is.

rahvin.

Originally posted by phyre
What I do think is that moderators generally should stay "above" the discussions of the forum and be relatively neutral in questions such as this.
:worship:
I agree 100%.

Siren (more later)

I think this was blow WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of porportion. It was a joke thread, jsut having some harmless fun. You cant discuss DT 24/7 it would get rather repiticous. I still vote for Thanatos the Mexican molester.

Nick

@phyre: honestly, i'm sorry, be it my fault or not. i'm not even sure what happened to make you feel this way: over 70% of the threads in the first page are dt-related. off-topic has probably never been so low. the overall quality also doesn't look particularly scary to me: there are no vulgar threads active, nor ones about sex - much to someone's chagrine, i'd say. ;)
i hope this situation of yours doesn't last, and forgive me is this means i'm not being neutral enough not to comment on a regular wanting to leave. :s

rahvin.

Originally posted by xenophobe
Wow... this thread coulda been funny if all the life hadn't been sucked out of it.

Wow.

:devil:

Just my meager opinion.

Tell me about it, now the original intent has been lost ages ago, which was to HAVE FUN!!

Oh well *grumble, bitch, grumble, bitch, moan, whine*

geez, how some people keep on arguing for the sake of argumentation... get a life, no one of you will make the world better or change the opinion of even a single person in here by posting points of view on this very thread.
1. to the ones who initially ´didn't like this thread:
there's no need to like threads, and if you would whine about anything that doesn't seem appropriate to you, well... you'd have quite a lot to do. so relax.
2. to the ones who initially liked this thread:
well, go on with your hobby.
3. to the rest who posted here after everything has been said:
go to bed and have a nice cup of shut the fuck up

vc (hurt me plenty)

@phyre: maybe you'd be interested in being a little more tolerant? because I don't remember anybody whining when you and Lutz played your trendy fanboys/tr00 black metaller games, the forum will not turn into opeth II so please try not to be too paranoid about off-topic threads