The DT forum member survival thread

if i only knew whats the pwned thing all about... i think it's gotta be a kiddie mistyped "owned", but apart from that i got no clue

(hey at least i ask)

Originally posted by rahvin
@siren: i fail to see what's at the pointy end of your piercing weapon this time. everything you said you were perfectly entitled to say and i only read ppl posting their opinions against yours, which is again what they were perfectly entitled to do. now in this wonderful land of the free everyone is behaving the way he/she should/could and i have the feeling your fight is becoming sterile, unless there's a point i'm missing.
Of course you missed the point. You were too busy jumping in your beloved friend hyena's defence.
I sure have no intention trying to make my point through to people closing eyes and ears, i have better things to do.

As for the moderation thingie, as i said i agree with phyre, and i'm willing to discuss it again if and when some people learn a bit more about moderation and the responsibility that comes with it.

So long with this thread, i guess one deserves the forum they have.

I think we've all gotta calm down because this is getting ridiculous...look at what we're degenerating into...
Can only speak for myself, but personally looking at this as a whole, its been blown out of all proportion and is frankly laughable...

as far as ridiculous goes, i just got the silliest error message from eudora. of course it is due to lack of space in the msg window so some of it was truncated, but i just got

"can't reach smtp2.tin.it - server too bu"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hyena

oh and btw defending friends is not a bad thing to do, for the record

i only wish to add i replied unaggresively to all those who have been civil about it. my suggestion is those who haven't could easily find reasons for degradation in their own posts, regardless of their attitude towards this thread.

rahvin.

@siren: making people laugh is one thing, making a fool of yourself is another (pathetic) thing.
so, what have we gathered from your last post?
- that backing up a friend makes dwarves incapable of reasoning (i have a feeling this rule applies to dwarves only :lol: )
- that your reasons for flaming this thread are way too complex for us.
- that your agenda is so damn busy you don't even have time to state your arguments to these bunch of net freaks.
- that you know what being a responsible person implies, much better than many others but you are so sensible you don't feel like offending anybody (therefore you won't say a single wise word about it).
it seems you're beyond everyone's reach... climbing an invisible wall, tho. look, you (and everyone, for what matters) can be mad at rahvin/whoever as much as they like, still i consider both attacking someone in public without being capable of an exhaustive explanation, and playing wise hermit, as a childish attempt of gaining attention and possibly obtaining revenge for something :rolleyes:
you said this thread is crap and hinted at rahvin's lack of responsibility as a mod. now i think these are your strongest points. well, if my memory doesn't fail me you happily posted in dozens of the very same threads you now claim to be crappy bullshit. don't you think you're not acting consistently? unless you consider yourself untouchable, that is :) maybe you might want to organize your ideas better next time.
about rahvin being a bad moderator, i can't do much but smile :) i've seen him taking care of this forum probably much more than you guys do with your job/studies/whatever, and he doesn't earn a single penny for this. anyway, don't worry: since i'm his girlfriend, i expect you don't give a damn about my opinion :)
as for the friends thing, there's nothing wrong in backing up someone you care for... although first, admittedly, you have to care for someone.

bah
anyone who doesn't post here regularly gets ignored when he/she does post anyways. Which would explain why these people don't post regularly. It would change nothing if we all got left out of this voting game

Some of you people need to chill and have sex, or eat a cheeseburger or something. :p

It's the fucking internet! :heh:

argueing.jpg

I was gonna take some time-out from posting, but I think I'll stay awhile longer, but the first thing I'm gonna do is get something off my chest.
I was kinda stunned after reading some of the posts here, and I feel that attacks (whether intended or otherwise) on Rahvin's integrity, use of power or presence as a moderator were both uncalled for and harshly below-the-belt. Until an explosion over something in reality trivial, this board was ticking over with no problems whatsoever. It still can. I've already told Rahvin this in private, but now on the board as well that we couldn't ask for a better moderator of this board. He has my full 100% support, not only for being a grade-A moderator, but also a grade-A friend when I needed one. So, lets put the unpleasantness of this topic behind us, and get back to being the close-knit group, almost like a kinda family, that several people feel it to be. I for one consider everyone who posts here a friend, and I don't like it much when friends fight, especially over something that doesn't really matter.
For those of you not sick of the sight of me by now, rant over :D

i concur with what d_j and others said. rahvin is cool and arguing on here is stupid. siren is invisib... sorry, she is a wal... no, well, whatever rei toei said. and gums, sorry for not responding to your posts, i am doing so now. i am not even drunk, i just feel tired.

hyena

Originally posted by Gums
bah
anyone who doesn't post here regularly gets ignored when he/she does post anyways. Which would explain why these people don't post regularly. It would change nothing if we all got left out of this voting game

well i don't talk to you very much but I do appreciate you :eek: didn't you knew that?

Wise words Ben, it is pointless to argue over something this stupid and trivial. Who cares, lets just drop it and have our fun, ok? People attacking Rahvin was a very childish and shitty thing to do, but when peoples opinions conflict they generally act like children. So after all I said and done I still vote for Viva La Mexico.

Nick

@rei toei, @dark_jester, @hyena: :oops: :cry:

@gums: i'm sorry you got that feeling. like thanatos, i also remembered you and appreciated what you said in the past. i tend to reply to all newbies/non-regulars (unless they post "i like this better than that" messages, that is), but sometimes they never come back even when addressed. :cry:

mental note: change this in "never come back since they were addressed by me" ;)

edit: and thanks to nick too :)

rahvin.

@Nicky: it's Viva México :p and I don't care for this shitty country but if you do, just get drunk this Sunday when we celebrate our independence day...I will :rolleyes:

@rahve: you didn't address me in your last message :cry:

@Nick: no but we have lots of holidays, being a lazy mexican has it's advantages :p

@rahvin: good idea, our affairs should be kept private :oops: :p