The DVD shoot this year....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It's time to take it to the next level folks. I'm bringing in the pros and offering the following to the bands:

VIDEO: Professional 6 Camera 16:9 Widescreen HDV Shoot: 1-Wide Shot Center, 2-Hand Held (with stedicam), 2-Lipstick cam, 1-18’ Jib (Crane).
AUDIO: up to 48 Track High Definition Digital Multi-Track Recording: 32 bit 48 kHz, with additional room microphone placements for 5.1 surround.

I've got two bands signed up for it and a third close to it. I know of a few that said "no" and some still considering it. If I get enough bands to shoot signed up, then I hope to shoot all of the bands for a compilation dvd with proper domestic/international distribution.

Glenn H.

It seems to me that if some of the headliners signed up for this, this could be a great PR tool for future PPs. For example, somebody who's an Evergrey freak picks it up and sees what PP is all about. Maybe they'd want to go next year.

Evergrey's already been there, done that on DVD with the choir. Something tells me that they said no. :)

Freak Kitchen would be great...or Epica.

BenMech said:
Can someobdy explain to me why a band would say "no" to this?

$$$ for starters. Depending on what their label contract is in regards to recoupable costs, etc, it may not be worth it for them..
Also - many times, they may want extra control on preparation for the show, qand they don't exactly get that in a festival setting.

I DO know, however, that with the recording capabilities there, and how the tracks are prepped, there would be room for overdubs or fixes if required to clean up tracks... :cool:

And will said next level DVD at some point be available to the ravenous fans, or do the comments about costs of everyone agreeing hold sway again? Did you do well enough with the "Behind the Scenes" last year to think about doing another one of those in the future?

Steve in Philly

Taking it to the next level, indeed...very impressive and very cool, Glenn!

Rock on!

BlindPanzer said:
Hell yeah. Where will the jib be placed though, they usually take quite a bit of space.

I honestly do not know. The venue has used them before with high profile shoots. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will be in the way of someone's perfect view at times, but sacrifices have to be made in order to make this the reality that everyone wants.

More info to come as I find out....

Glenn, this is just another example of why this festival is the best in the whole world. I don't think any other promoter would do what you do to try and raise the bar every year. Thanks for making my first PP so frigging awesome.

And hopefully PYRAMAZE and WASTEFALL sign up.

John

What a wonderful memory to have after each festival to go back and look at over the years especially as bands blow up and get much bigger. You can say, well let me show you when they were starting out or before they got popular. Very nice Glenn.

And the jib means that there can be crowd shots of those that aren't lucky enough to be front row all the time (i.e ME!)

Epica is already coming out with a DVD. Leave the room for the bands that are not and would be awesome to see on it. Make it Jorn, since it'll be so special. Mercenary, Pyramaze, Savage Circus, Wastefall... one of these would be fucking great!!!