The Empire Shall Fall (ex Killswitch, Jesse Leach vox) New Track to MIX!!!

Once again I just wanted to thank everyone for putting in the time and effort to mix the new The Empire Shall Fall demo... I must say that almost everyone's mix was top notch and it was rediculously hard to choose a mix... We were mulling over the final decision to early this morning... Once again though we went with Andy G's mix as it had a nice tonal balance and overall levels were close to what we wanted... Soo congrats again to him... Also I want to say at the end it was a photo finish between The Shred, Sedit1, Yarrick19 and LSD with Andy G's... Soo excellent job to all those guys as well... We are still going over our options for the actual album mixing and I'm sure we will be in touch with a couple of you guys if all goes as planned...

Feel free to check out Andy G's mix of the newly titled "845" at www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall

and there will be DI's for everything this time as well as possible reamping done at Zing studios...

that'd be a huge help. (not the reamping but the DI's...I'm pretty confident about my guitartones;) ).

tracks will then already be compiled etc I guess? that'd help soooo much (since that ate the biggest chunk of the time-frame this time)

Cheers Marcus, glad it turned out well again!

Was a bit unsure with this mix as its the first one in my new room, not quite used to it yet. Guitars were a bit more difficult than last time too so DI's for any future tracks would be great :)

Once again, I want to thank all of you so much for doing these mixes. I am overwhelmed at the response we have gotten. It is amazing to have DEMOS sound like this! Cheers & thanks to all who have participated in this! I look back on when I first started recording & making albums & it still blows me away how far we have come. Now you can have some one from another country mix your track an not worry about sending dats!... I remember all too well the days of analog tape & all of the hours that went into that...crazy...at any rate Thanks again guys!

ps. the parrot from Alladin Comment from tallicalad is hilarious, I can almost picture him with a mic....ha ha

Thanks mate, I'm glad you thought it was funny ;)!

Never seen this.

How did it ended?

The album is out now and it's pretty awesome. It's grown on me a a lot, and I've been listeningto it often... it's slower and not as techy as most of the metal I'm into, but the songs are just good... well written both musically and lyrically, and the production has a nice natural vibe to it while still being heavy. It's a nice mixture of styles... soulful/motivational/political vocals & lyrics, heavy meshuggah-ish grooves, jazzy clean sections. it's good stuff.

"The effort was produced by THE EMPIRE SHALL FALL guitarist Marcus de Lisle. Vocals were recorded at Sound Ape in Providence. The album artwork was created by Matt Yazuita and mixing/mastering duties for the album were handled by Sean Small (ABACABB, WE WERE GENTLEMEN, FRIDAY NIGHT BOYS)."

lolzgreg reamped guitars through his maxon od-820 into 5150 II (modded to 5150 specs) into mesa recto cab. somebody else on the forum (I forget who, sorry) edited the drums.