The Empire Shall Fall (ex Killswitch, Jesse Leach vox) New Track to MIX!!!

MarcusD777

Dec 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
What up fellas soo I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be posting up the files for a new demo song for everyone to take a crack at mixing within the next day or 2... Should have atleast the instrumental tracks up by later tonite (Sunday) to download and import into your DAW... We are def interested in The Shred, Elmoe, and ANdy G putting in a mix as they were some of the guys we digged most from the "We The People" mixes but everyone can take a crack at it for fun and practice... We will def listen to them all and consider any of the mixes submitted to be put up on the site... Hopefully we can find a possible mixer for the album (tracking starts at the end of April) after listening to the mixes of this new demo track... Also if anyone has a recommendation for a site to upload the files too or an ftp to put them on shoot me a PM (Digital Death will be away for most of the month and unable to host the files this time)... Thanks in advance, and I'll post back when the files are hosted...

Marcus

Awesome, I really enjoyed messing around with the last song you posted. I'm going to take a more serious crack at this one. Looking forward to it!

Ok I'll be uploading the instrumental tracks tomorrow afternoon/nite (monday) as I didn't get home until late tonite after a studio session... Jesse's vocals are all done and are a crazy blend of viscious screams and haunting melodies... Hopefully I'll have the bounced vocal files from him as well by tomorrow... This should be a fun song for everyone to mix... Lots of different elements going on...

By the way before we kick off, what kinda sound you aiming for? Really natural drums? Polished/raw overall? Just some pointers to help us get off the starting block would be appreciated :)

Well this is a more aggressive faster tempo song overall than the last one there is only one dynamic clean section towards the end but I made a simple midi groove beat for it already and Lo fied the shit out of it... Soo the drums shouldn't sound mechanical by any means but you can get away with it more in this song than that last... There are still some snare ghost notes in some sections soo Id advise to use the original snare in there underneath the replacing if possible (unless you are converted everything to Midi and can program them in properly or are a Drumagog magician ha)... But overall I'd say a powerful yet natural sound as it can be within context to the song... I'm going to start uploading some of the files now to the FTP soo I'll post again in a little while once I have links...

OK so i uploaded the drums, guitars, and bass to our song tentatively titled "Choir Of Angels" to an ftp site... I'm still waiting to get the bounced vox from Jesse but I should hopefully have them by tomorrow nite... In the meantime you can download all the other files and get things imported into your DAW and possibly start mixing...

you can download the files here --> www.kottlokmedia.com/marcus/

Guitars are all labeled individually with 2 mics for each take... a sm 57 and beta 52... While the Double of each take is labelled DUB... I didn't have time to blend the 2 mics and bounce to a single file but I intended for the blend to be sm 57 at (0 to .60 db) and the beta 52 at (-6.15 db) for each take but just use that as a starting reference point... Excuse the noise issues in one of the guitar tracks (bad cable in the loop) but its not too noticeable in the mix...

Bass were recorded and bounced by the bassist to 4 seperate takes but can prob be consolidated to one track if needed... Also for whatever reason he bounced them as Stereo files soo if you run into problems just bounce them as a mono file...

Drums are pretty self explanatory... I included a programed drum beat that I lo fi'ed and dirtied it up for the clean section... Feel free to do whatever else you want with it to make it work in the mix... Also the tempo of the song starts off at 120 bpm and then switches to 135 bpm for the clean section into the end tapping part...

I've uploaded a totally raw untouched mix of the song that jesse recorded his vox too at his studio to my soundclick to use for reference if needed...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=803131&songID=7432069

If anyone has any questions just let me know...

Thanks guys,

Marcus

Nice nice Jaymz... If you get a decent rough mix done minus vocals today feel free to post it up or send me a link by PM... If you are still questioning your drum direction for the song... Should hopefully have the vocals up later tonite to grab off the ftp...

Hey man, its at a faster tempo and different key then what it was recorded at? something go wrong with the bounce?

the mix itself sounds good, but those are two important things :)