Mixing Opportunity for The Empire Shall Fall (ex Killswitch Engage, Jesse Leach vox)

Hey guys finally got back from my trip to DC late last nite... Just wanted to say thanks for everyone putting in all the effort and time on the mixes... Lots of excellent work all around... We ended up going with Andy's mix mainly because of its overall dynamics, fullness, and more natural drum sound... It seemed to suit the overall vibe of the song the best... We should be posting up a more aggressive and heavier song within a couple weeks for some of the guys to give a go as well as offer it up for everyone who wants too get in some more practice... Will keep you posted and thanks again everyone!!

Thanks mate! Hope i can contribute, only been browsing a few weeks and i already found loads of usefull stuff :)

We posted Andy G's mix of "We The People" up on our myspace site (www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall) a couple days ago, just in case you care to listen to the song for the 1,000th time haha... I hope to have a more heavier yet progressive song hosted by next weekend or soon there after depending on when we finish up a couple guitar parts, bass and vox... I def think it will be another fun song to mess around with mix wise and should give the more "metal" oriented mixers something to sink their teeth into... Has some nice chugging, squeals, finger tapping, thrashy grooveness with a touch of mexican salsa haha... I'll keep everyone posted...

- Marcus

We posted Andy G's mix of "We The People" up on our myspace site (www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall) a couple days ago, just in case you care to listen to the song for the 1,000th time haha... I hope to have a more heavier yet progressive song hosted by next weekend or soon there after depending on when we finish up a couple guitar parts, bass and vox... I def think it will be another fun song to mess around with mix wise and should give the more "metal" oriented mixers something to sink their teeth into... Has some nice chugging, squeals, finger tapping, thrashy grooveness with a touch of mexican salsa haha... I'll keep everyone posted...

- Marcus

Great!:D

I've learnt a lot mixing your first song, but the most important thing I learnt is I need to listen to more music outside metal, because when it comes to mixing non metal music you have to change your mind and I couldn't do it given the chance. :worship:

I fucking love this place.

I know that I'm WAAAAAY behind, but I would still like to share this with you guys and hopefully get some comments... I joined this forum recently and I wasn't around when this thread originally started, so I'm not interested in any kind of competition, I just wanted to share my first mix on this forum :)

Here's the song:

Last edited by a moderator: