The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benighted1 said:
Whats wrong with Enslaved NFU? I have never heard them but am seriously considering buying their latest upon seen all the praise given to it in this thread

enslaved is 100% nfu approved. the sigh probably has something to do with him promoting them for the last 135 years and it just catching on recently.

New album: Doesn't really interest me. I'm sure its a good album, but I have their other 8 or so albums to listen to.

Favorite songs:
793 - I love the way it builds up to the fast part. Awesome production, especially punchy drums which I haven't heard anything like.
-For lenge siden: Rocking tune with great hooks
-Vetranott: Has a dreamy, thoughtful tone to it which I find appealing.
-Enemy I- Good mix of old and new craziness

saut said:
enslaved is 100% nfu approved. the sigh probably has something to do with him promoting them for the last 135 years and it just catching on recently.

We should, liek, manufacture "100% NFU approved" stickers to put on the covers of albums which are endorsed by his Holiness.

saut said:

hahaha really? o ok was just wondering..
I saw the new album instore last night but I didnt have enough cash. (only had enough for a 2nd hand 2CD copy of Epicus doomicus Metalicus and enemies of reality (which was fucking cheap too)

Their entire disco is stellar. If you only have a few albums, get the rest.

I have their latest two, and they're both fucking awesome. I love black metal though, so I just ordered Eld, and I can't wait for it. So far my favorite songs are Neogenesis, Bounded By Allegiance, Lunar Force, and Isa (I've had Isa much longer than I've had Ruun). But lately I've been getting into Heir to the Cosmic Seed, Ruun, and Tides of Chaos a lot.

..one of those very rare bands who despite their extensive discography have never released anything even remotely dissapointing.. every album is a gem..

Pethical said:
who else nfu?

who else is important? madder mortem, katatonia, nevermore, esoteric and a few others. in my opinion, very few other metal bands are doing much worth listening thats exciting or interesting. but theres always handfuls of bands doing music decently for that "i gotta have my metal" sound. but thats not really my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.