New Enslaved Album

Early DSO was standard Darkthrone clone.

Mid-period sounded like early Ulver (who were basically gimmicked up Darkthrone)

The most recent stuff sounds like Satyricon or even Frost with random "post-rock" interludes.

Not inventive. Not original. Not good.

Terrestrial's music collection:

-the first recordings of sound by Thomas Edison.
-nothing else, every other recording is just copying Edison.

Early DSO was standard Darkthrone clone.

Mid-period sounded like early Ulver (who were basically gimmicked up Darkthrone)

The most recent stuff sounds like Satyricon or even Frost with random "post-rock" interludes.

Not inventive. Not original. Not good.

here's where i can't agree, as kenose/fas are pretty different from satyricon and frost to my ears. if anything it sounds like blut aus nord or something of that ilk.

Ulver gimmicked Darkthrone?It seems the originality which Terrestrial Requiem seeks is contained in this kind of songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big mainstream influence on Bitches Brew was James Brown, who was, at the time, busy basically inventing most of what we now call funk.

You might try to learn something about the history of music before you lecture those of us that already know it, kid.

Your arrogant and really starting to annoy. Your above statement is true, but not for Miles Davis, Gil Evans, John Mclaughlin, Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, these cats were Jazz and thus, influenced by others in jazz. Learn about the history and making of Bitches Brew, little kid, before you go off on some kind of know-it-all ramp. To your thinking, Kind of Blue is probably funk influenced. James Brown influenced modern music across the board. Not many, except earlier jazz musicians impacted Davis, Coltrane, Ellington and Charlie Parker etc etc. From what I've read Hendrix had more of an influence than Brown on BB. All the biographies I"ve read on Miles Davis and his works, never once was James Brown mentioned as an influence, however, he was noted for his pioneering "black power" with music type of stance. Do the research before you start posting in your pompous way, kid.:heh:

I own several thousand recordings, so I really can't be bothered.

lol, i find it funny how u cant even name a few albums that you enjoy. ur too afraid that all the music u own will contradict what you've been saying in this thread. it's ok, u can use wikipedia to find what ur looking for.:)

Yeah.. I reiterate this .. It's abundantly clear that most of what is being said is..... ta da! Puuuuuuure opinion.

*remembers bill hick's 'mandatory marijuana' skit*

Well, nothing I say connects with Mr. Requiem, so this has become absolutely pointless. As Opeth 353 says it's "pure opinion." and that it is. Remember, this thread started with Enslaved "pushing boundaries", and I think their music speaks to that point. And some agree and others don't which is what subjective discussion is all about. Then along comes Mr. I-know-more-than-anybody and circumvents the thread to discuss funk and fusion and their origins. If you have an opinion that does not look down your nose with every post and statement, and doesn't contain high-brow approaches, then speak it. But, if you continue acting like a some sort of "alpha" troll, go the fuck back where trolls like you are. Stop fucking up the internet landscape.

that's all well and good but then why bother pointing out how enslaved isn't pushing boundaries if no one really is? is it just to combat the fanboy idiots who think that mellotrons in metal are groundbreaking? not really a worthy cause is it. it's rather academic and still doesn't have anything to do with whether the music is good or not