New Enslaved Album

Because asking people to provide evidence for silly assertions is totally trolling... :Smug:

It's quite easy to spot trolls when you've got them constantly coming onto the forum. You gave absolutely no reason as to how or why they're as musically adventurous as instant pudding.. Usually the people making these sort of comments are the people who want bands like Enslaved to revert back to their early material.

So, basically, you've got no answer to the question?

Why am I not surprised?

Troll1.jpg

Whoa!!Holy jumpin' shitballs!! So, according to your theory, I'm an aspirant white professional who lives with my mother. You strike me as the kind of person who likes to watch and listen to himself write. Hey man, it's simple LISTEN to the band, which you say you have and I doubt, because your "mainstream stylings" or accusing Enslaved of "retreat" is one of the most ridiculous statements ever. Hey, if you don't like Enslaved for the reasons you've stated that's fine. And I'm certain that my opinion is not going to change your mind nor do I care what you think of Enslaved. But, your fluffy, pompous diatribe in your last post suggests after" Frost and petering out from Eld to Vertebrae which soundslike mainstream indie" What are the fuck are you listening to? I assure you, I am not a white professional living with mom. I live on the outer fringes of this banal society for many reasons including pretensious idiot's like you. You only dig a deeper hole. Really nothing in your previous post substantiates anything other then you do not like Enslaved's music. I'll ask Ivar if he gives a rat's ass. Because I don't. Go away. You are a ghost.

lmao these ********* nerds periodically sign up here to argue the tenets of the truest black metal, then get banned when everyone gets tired of it. won't be long now folks

edit jesus christ there's a text filter on a n u s . c o m, what the hell is going on here

although actually it's kinda entertaining to watch the fanboys lash out defensively every time their favorite band gets insulted, because even while this terrestrial requiem guy is a total dork who thinks that the philosophy of black metal is important, at least he can string together a sentence that doesn't resemble a sorority girl text message

opeth_353 said:
It's quite easy to spot trolls when you've got them constantly coming onto the forum. You gave absolutely no reason as to how or why they're as musically adventurous as instant pudding.. Usually the people making these sort of comments are the people who want bands like Enslaved to revert back to their early material.

If you were to chart the artistic history of the band, you'd see an initial creative burst running from the Yggdrasill demo to Frost and petering out in a long, steady decline from Eld to Vertebrae

and that's all there is to it

graph.jpg

Yeah, because MS paint is an excellent substitute for a valid argument.

:Smug:

and how is your "argument" (basically that you're a big pussy that puts frost on repeat) any more valid than my ms paint graph? hell, i'd say mine is better, or at the very least more interesting.

Silly me: and here I thought my argument was that incorporating mainstream rock influences into middle-of-the-road metal doesn't amount to "pushing boundaries."

lol this is contradictory... the mere act of incorporating one genre into another is by definition pushing the boundaries of both said genres, as the artist has stepped from within the usual boundaries which limitate a genre. Whether or not you think that mainstream rock influences are appropriate to incorporate into black metal is irrelevant, as that is just your taste.

Plus they obviously draw influence from far more than just "mainstream rock" lmao

who can blame him, plastering one's face with powders stolen from mom's bathroom drawer is the best way to "[express] nihilism and a heroic anti-social assertion of the self" and, of course, to "reduce [one's] belief in inherent nothing to nothingness and from that build to absolutist ideologies which avoid the emptiness discovered."

lol this is contradictory... the mere act of incorporating one genre into another is by definition pushing the boundaries of both said genres, as the artist has stepped from within the usual boundaries which limitate a genre. Whether or not you think that mainstream rock influences are appropriate to incorporate into black metal is irrelevant, as that is just your taste.

Plus they obviously draw influence from far more than just "mainstream rock" lmao

Give this guy a blunt and a beer. Mr. Requiem, what do I have to do, hit you in the head with a shovel? As I said earlier, let the music speak for itself. LISTEN to Enslaved's albums. Let's see, fuck it man, start anywhere. Frost ---------Vertebrae. If you don't hear an evolution or "pushing" and progression album to album, well then, get the shit out of your ears and try again.