Candlemass - Samarithan
Candlemass - Sorcerer's Pledge
In The Woods...- Yearning The Seeds Of A New Dimension
Doomsword - Onwards Into Battle
Moonsorrow - Rauniolla
Opeth - Karma
Manowar - Defender
My Dying Bride - Cry Of Mankind

I think a lot of qualities go into giving a song that epic feel, however they don't need to exist simultaneously. My examples would be:

Wintersun- Death and the Healing: What makes this song so epic for me is when they go immediately into a key change when they transition from the opening guitar riff to the vocals. Key changes are epic! And the fact that they do it with every verse and in each chorus just makes me wanna :headbang:

Ensiferum- victory songs is great as well. This song progresses and builds with Ensiferum's characteristic folk instrumentals and heavy guitar, has a rockin chorus and a cool bridge part with a Capella Finnish chorus.

I could go on and on, but those two just came to my mind right away.
I was listening to Einsiferum this morning. Love the folk melodies. Can't wait to see them. I think Wintersun is more of the epic and less of the folk, but they're both great, and both pretty epic stuff.

I'm in my 2nd year at sweet home apartments :lol: Small world!
Shut up! Small worlds aren't epic.

Wintersun is definitely epic in my book. Ensiferum are epic sometimes. Both great bands, no doubt.

A great epic power metal band that isn't widely known on these forums is Excelsis. Just listen to their track We Are Kings.

A note I'd like to add to the discussion:

Symphonic elements usually play into the "epic-ness" of a band, for me. However, I think this doesn't always qualify a band as epic. Something like Rhapsody or Therion is definitely epic. However, symphonic black metal acts like Bishop of Hexen don't really fall into the epic category for me, as much. That's where melody comes into play, I think. Emperor and Dimmu Borgir definitely possess epic qualities in their symphonic melodies. Bishop of Hexen has more of an evil tone to their symphonic passages (which isn't a bad thing; it's why I love them).