The Fairfield Is Booked Omg Wtf!!11!!

dargormudshark said:
Well Granada is booked and Fairfield is booked so I guess everyone is going to the Hampton. I wonder if Glenn is having problems booking bands since everyone went haywire when he announced the date.
I think Glenn already had his necessary rooms booked last year (probably the day after PPV), so I don't think he's suffering...cuz he's got it together...

Rakosh and I will be at the Hampton this year...got a suite...we'll see you there, dargor...

Pellaz said:
Yes, the Residence Inn is closer to the venue than the Fairfield, by about a block I think. I'll have to take a drive by there this weekend and scope it out.

If there isn't a fridge and a CD/DVD player in my room(s) there, I shall be -- in my best Princess Bride Prince Humperdinck voice, "very put out." :) Two full bathrooms, like the Fairfield suite, would be nice, too.....

Somehow the thought of a bunch of cosmetologists chasing ProgPower attendees around with scissors is pretty damned funny.

Blabbermouth: "In a stunning development, Progpower attendees and band-members awoke after a hard-drinking Saturday night to find their craniums adorned with corn-rows, shaped haircuts and braids. 'I've never seen anything like it,' stated ProgPower promoter Glenn Harveston, now sporting dreadlocks. 'It's like a tornado of scissors, styling gel and hair-extensions swept through the venue and the hotels. In some ways it's kinda cool,' pointing at a passing Jens Johansen adorned with corn-rows*, 'but I'm getting really tired of sitting on my hair.'"

-=-=-=-=-
* Uninformed speculation; I don't know nothin'
:lol::lol: Hilarious! I'd pay to see Jens with corn-rows, but Glenn with dreadlocks!!
:OMG:

AMBR said:
Pardon the correction, but he didn't exactly announce the date; it was done "for" him. But yea, I was concerned about that too. Hey, life is better when Glenn orchestrates it for us, no? :p
Or maybe that's just me. This has been a bit of a chaos. :erk: At least as far as booking hotel rooms goes.

Yeah, my dad was ripping his hair out the other day. Hell, he might not even go (he is picky about the metal he likes) and he only booked the roome for Friday, Saturday, Sunday...He forgot about the freakin' Pre show so now me and my bass player have to be shelterless for one night. Hey, I just hope it doesn't rain. Maybe we can sleep in Granad's elevator, the things are so slow by the time someone pushes it to get on it will be breakfast time.

Pellaz said:
Dang, I forgot about mentioning the possibilities of hair-weaves and dyes.

Oh, well, it's not as if I've let a pair of scissors anywhere close to my hair for the last ten years..........which makes me a primary target for the Hairdressing Horde. The Cosmetology Posse.

/me runs and hides.

There not coming near my beutiful golden locks!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

could that of been any gayer...or as Bush would say "Gayerer"

hahahahaha

Dargor, if you end up "shelterless" on Thursday night and the Grenada elevator isn't an option (lol), drop me an email; I should have some extra crash-space -- typically I have more room on Thursday night since some friends of mine don't show until Friday.

Pellaz said:
hahahahaha

Dargor, if you end up "shelterless" on Thursday night and the Grenada elevator isn't an option (lol), drop me an email; I should have some extra crash-space -- typically I have more room on Thursday night since some friends of mine don't show until Friday.

Thanks, well if i am I will drop you an e-mail...Thanks!

Pellaz said:
I booked a two-room suite at the Residence Inn earlier tonight, so they do still have rooms available. If nothing else, we can throw a pretty sizeable party in the room. \m/

Disappointing about the Grenada and the Fairfield Inn, though. I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn every year so far, and it's always been a really cool vibe. I doubt the Residence Inn's suites are as nice as the Fairfield's (home theater system! Two bathrooms! Three TVs!) but hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Paul save me a small corner for me...I don't take up too much space!!! Just ask Justin! :p

-Tony

warmwetos said:
Paul save me a small corner for me...I don't take up too much space!!! Just ask Justin! :p

-Tony
I'd already marked ya down, Tony. :D

Let's throw a party on Saturday night. That way, if they throw us out, we can just high-tail it back to my apartment and crash there instead. :Spin: :tickled:

This will be our first trip to ProgPower & we booked our room at the Residence being that the Fairfield & Grenada are booked. Now all I'll need are the tickets & airfare. I can get $215.00 airfare Newark to Atlanta, hopefully it won't go up much after April 2nd, as I'm waiting to book this! :cool:

Very easy, when you walk out of Earthlink you see the street across from you? Walk up that leaving Earthlink behind you and the hotel is on the next cross street. If there were no buildings you could almost walk a diagonal line fromt he hotel to the venue and take under 5 minutes.

We have the 2 bedroom, kitchen, living room sofa bed deal again this year. It's not much more than the Granada and with 4 of us plenty o room for more beer and more metalheads :headbang:

Creeps said:
We have the 2 bedroom, kitchen, living room sofa bed deal again this year. It's not much more than the Granada and with 4 of us plenty o room for more beer and more metalheads :headbang:

I booked the same type of 2-BR suite, I think. What other amenities does it come with? Full kitchen and fridge, right? CD/DVD player? Stereo system? Hope so..... (The latter can be great for demo'ing those new CDs you just bought, for all your friends...in your copious free time. :tickled: )

We looked at the Residence Inn near Earthlink, would have been great, however, they accept pets there, and could not guarantee there had never been a cat in any particular room at some time or another.-so, since for us Cats=respiratory shut down-...that wouldn't make for a fun Prog Power vacation...(an FYI for anyone with animal allergies)

Last year we had a nice room at the Courtyard Marriot on Techwoods-very convenient to the 24 hour Chinese place, with free parking & internet .-they are booked..damn cosmetologists!.....so option 3:

Marriot suites midtown on 14th st. -any locals have input on this location?
When making reservations, the agents are in California, and aren't sure of the location/proximity to Earthlink.

Pellaz said:
Wow, I just booked Atlanta <-> Newark for a lot less than $215 on AirTran, for a convention in March. Look around some more. www.airtran.com :)

Thanks for the info Pellaz, but I had already checked AirTran & there are no flights available out of Newark to Atlanta (very wierd). The $215.00 fare was Continental, which I kinda prefer to fly anyway. I just checked it again & it's now $196.00 but I'd rather have our tickets in hand before I book airfare!!!
See ya in September!!!
Deb

Pellaz said:
I booked the same type of 2-BR suite, I think. What other amenities does it come with? Full kitchen and fridge, right? CD/DVD player? Stereo system? Hope so..... (The latter can be great for demo'ing those new CDs you just bought, for all your friends...in your copious free time. :tickled: )

Full kitchen... check
Big ole fridge... check
TV... check
stereo... no, but we have a portable that plays mp3 discs we bring with us

Oh and all you flight people, flying from Florida to Atlanta is $235 roundtrip!! It's a friggin hour 1/2 flight !!!

dragondawn said:
if you can find the street address for earthlink live and the hotel, plug them into mapquest and it should draw you a line 'tween the two. :Spin:
we did that, but you can't trust Mapquest 100% of the time.-and it can't give you a feel for the atmosphere of the area. just asking if anyone knows a bit about the place first hand,...last year was our first time in Atlanta.