the FBI closes Megaupload

It doesnt matter if SOPA passes. People will continue to make piracy. Just old school style, copying the entire CD, sharing software in portable media, pendrives, etc.

That's bullshit they decided to close Megaupload. Instead of targeting the illegal offenders, they make all of us suffer. That's one less file sharing/hosting service available. Too bad it's never coming back, there's so much good stuff on there.
Oh well. There's still rapidshare/mediafire/etc. Also, I don't see why people on here are sooooo against pirated software/plugins. Seriously? Who the hell has $1000's of dollars to blow on that stuff when you can just easily find it off torrents/file shares.
Companys deserve their fair cut, I'm not dismissing that. But these plugin packages, software, etc etc they charge you up the asshole for it and that's bs. Not all of us work in fabulous studios and make a nice paycheck because this is the 5th band they've tracked/mixed/mastered this week or even given the job opportunity to be a professional engineer/mixer/master. Not everyone has those luxuries and in the times of the digital era, I say right on. I think it's fair game. People wanna bitch at people who torrent music plugins and libraries and call them thieves and supposedly ruin businesses. However, paying several hundred dollars and making it seem like it's a great deal on a sound sample library is fucked. I'm not saying stuff should be free, but by god, in this day and age with the economy so terrible and lack of jobs, not everyone has the money to blow on all this shit. I'm broke as hell and because of a financial limitation, I have to suffer by stopping and not being able to expand my musical creativity? Bullshit. If I have the chance to get it I will.

Go ahead. Tell me the whole "do you even know how much work it takes to program/create a plugin/sound library bla bla bla You're still stealing bla bla bla." I'm not the one stealing anything, I'm simply accessing something that's already been accessed. That person is the one who decided to share his or her information with everyone else. It's different than walking into a super market and just saying "I don't have enough to pay for this so I'm stealing it." I shouldn't have to feel guilty because of that or be put down because I want to expand my sound libraries. Although I've never actually posted or cracked any software or plugins my self I'm a huge supporter of pirating music software plugins, and libraries. Go free musical tools!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LEb_D2SD3k&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2213c49FAAAAAAAAFAA[/ame]

That's bullshit they decided to close Megaupload. Instead of targeting the illegal offenders, they make all of us suffer. That's one less file sharing/hosting service available. Too bad it's never coming back, there's so much good stuff on there.
Oh well. There's still rapidshare/mediafire/etc. Also, I don't see why people on here are sooooo against pirated software/plugins. Seriously? Who the hell has $1000's of dollars to blow on that stuff when you can just easily find it off torrents/file shares.
Companys deserve their fair cut, I'm not dismissing that. But these plugin packages, software, etc etc they charge you up the asshole for it and that's bs. Not all of us work in fabulous studios and make a nice paycheck because this is the 5th band they've tracked/mixed/mastered this week or even given the job opportunity to be a professional engineer/mixer/master. Not everyone has those luxuries and in the times of the digital era, I say right on. I think it's fair game. People wanna bitch at people who torrent music plugins and libraries and call them thieves and supposedly ruin businesses. However, paying several hundred dollars and making it seem like it's a great deal on a sound sample library is fucked. I'm not saying stuff should be free, but by god, in this day and age with the economy so terrible and lack of jobs, not everyone has the money to blow on all this shit. I'm broke as hell and because of a financial limitation, I have to suffer by stopping and not being able to expand my musical creativity? Bullshit. If I have the chance to get it I will.

Go ahead. Tell me the whole "do you even know how much work it takes to program/create a plugin/sound library bla bla bla You're still stealing bla bla bla." I'm not the one stealing anything, I'm simply accessing something that's already been accessed. That person is the one who decided to share his or her information with everyone else. It's different than walking into a super market and just saying "I don't have enough to pay for this so I'm stealing it." I shouldn't have to feel guilty because of that or be put down because I want to expand my sound libraries. Although I've never actually posted or cracked any software or plugins my self I'm a huge supporter of pirating music software plugins, and libraries. Go free musical tools!

Yeah man... You're 100% right.. Where do ALL those musicians get off expecting to get paid for all the time and effort they put into making people, such as yourself happy by listening to said music... I reckon they should just suck it the fuck up and realise that trying to earn a living AND create music for others to enjoy is just stupid and giving it away for free is the best way to do it..

Do you know why people here are so against piracy? Because we are ALL trying to make a decent and honest living off of what we do. You complain about how expensive plugins are right???

Do you NEED to buy them? No! No one is forcing WAVES bundles down your throat. Yeah, maybe they are really expensive, and it hurts our pocket, but when someone BUYS a Waves SSL pack, or a fucking Mercury bundle, it's because the product they have created is WORTH paying for and the quality of those products and the benefit they bring to peoples work outweighs the cost.

There are MANY free plugins that the pro's use but for some things, Waves etc (insert expensive brand) sounds better. That's it....

And oh.. Pirating software and then getting paid to mix a bands music is equivalent to stealing a car and becoming a paid shceffeur.

I don't think I can stress this eough and both an aspiring musician and audio engineer... fuck off please!

Be a programmer. Write your own plugs. Make them really awesome. Now TELL me you feel rewarded passing that shit out for free. Or hell, be pissed about someone simply not giving you credit for your work. Shit like that gets into the heads of people with a fat ass pen and the whole world goes in uproar about it. "Giving back" takes time and loses money.

Yeah man... You're 100% right.. Where do ALL those musicians get off expecting to get paid for all the time and effort they put into making people, such as yourself happy by listening to said music... I reckon they should just suck it the fuck up and realise that trying to earn a living AND create music for others to enjoy is just stupid and giving it away for free is the best way to do it..

Seriously, fuck off and off yourself...

Do you know why people here are so against piracy? Because we are ALL trying to make a decent and honest living off of what we do. You complain about how expensive plugins are right???

Do you NEED to buy them? No! No one is forcing WAVES bundles down your throat. Yeah, maybe they are really expensive, and it hurts our pocket, but when someone BUYS a Waves SSL pack, or a fucking Mercury bundle, it's because the product they have created is WORTH paying for and the quality of those products and the benefit they bring to peoples work outweighs the cost.

There are MANY free plugins that the pro's use but for some things, Waves etc (insert expensive brand) sounds better. That's it....

And oh.. Pirating software and then getting paid to mix a bands music is equivalent to stealing a car and becoming a paid shceffeur.

I don't think I can stress this eough and both an aspiring musician and audio engineer... fuck off please!
+fucking 100000, melb_shredder, well said!

The point is only one: people is angry because they close the site where they watch movie in streaming illegally for free. Period.
There is nothing here about the freedom and other things....ok SOPA is shit, but you can't run MEGAVIDEO and ignore the fact that 90% of the traffic on that site is streaming videos of pirated movie. I only know people that use MEGAVIDEO for movie...and not to download important scientific information. Ok something was legal and no pirated..that's fine... but why did they allow to watch streaming movie?

Regarding the price: it's like a band comes to you, working with you for one month 8-5 every day and when you finish the master, they stole the cd and they don't pay you. And they also pretend to be right because it's the expression freedom and they are forced to steal the album because you are too much expensive.

The point is only one: people is angry because they close the site where they watch movie in streaming illegally for free. Period.
There is nothing here about the freedom and other things....ok SOPA is shit, but you can't run MEGAVIDEO and ignore the fact that 90% of the traffic on that site is streaming videos of pirated movie. I only know people that use MEGAVIDEO for movie...and not to download important scientific information. Ok something was legal and no pirated..that's fine... but why did they allow to watch streaming movie?

Regarding the price: it's like a band comes to you, working with you for one month 8-5 every day and when you finish the master, they stole the cd and they don't pay you. And they also pretend to be right because it's the expression freedom and they are forced to steal the album because you are too much expensive.

MegaVideo was a subset of MegaUpload. MegaUpload is more like Rapidshare, Dropbox, etc. where you can upload any file you want.

I know...but the difference between dropbox and the others is that with dropbox you can share the files you want with another guy without a website where everybody can download what you share.
Unfortunately they knew what was on their site guys....they knew there was a shitload of pirated material. Period.

I know...but the difference between dropbox and the others is that with dropbox you can share the files you want with another guy without a website where everybody can download what you share.
Unfortunately they knew what was on their site guys....they knew there was a shitload of pirated material. Period.

Not true. MegaUpload didn't have a 'search' function. You could only download things that other people gave you links for - same as DropBox.