The Food Thread.

Ooooo, I like diz thread!!

I am happy-ish because I'm gonna prepare roasted potatoes with rosmarin (err, dunno what you call it, in english), and it's one of my fav italian dishes ever!

I had made it a while ago, and it usually turns out this way, so I had taken a pic...

roastedpotatoeswithrosm.jpg

I like it a lot, I want to make it ssssoon. :)

Just had one these from subway

meatball20marinara.jpg

"Marinara" is an italian word, yeeeeh! :cool:

┼Victim of the Night┼;8597939 said:
Ooooo, I like diz thread!!

I am happy-ish because I'm gonna prepare roasted potatoes with rosmarin (err, dunno what you call it, in english), and it's one of my fav italian dishes ever!

Rosemary.
And thats an italian dish? Its just potatoes, and I didn't know Rosemary was even Italian :p.
Ones in your pic also look like they're either boiled, or way too much oil.

Edit: Oh and Breakfast!
Eggs, red grapes, toast, and OATZ!

Rosemary.
And thats an italian dish? Its just potatoes, and I didn't know Rosemary was even Italian :p.
Ones in your pic also look like they're either boiled, or way too much oil.

Edit: Oh and Breakfast!
Eggs, red grapes, toast, and OATZ!
Oh, so it is rosemary, thank you!
Yes it is, it is roasted potatoes with oil, and rosemary... and the right quantity of salt, as required, of course.
I don't know where rosemary comes from, no no no, but that's an italian dish, one of the most loved too.
They're not boiled potatoes, they're made like I said. And there's gotta be oil, otherwise it's not the typical dish. Italian cuisine does not have many fried food/dishes like other cuisines, but in this dish, there has to be some oil, but still, not much. You should have been here when I made them, and you'd have seen!
And hey, I'm no cook, so I can't make them as good as in a restaurant! They'll never be, hehe. :)

Oh, Vikk, we use bacon too! With some pasta... it's delicious, it matches well!!! ^_^

Calzone with bacon, pepperoni, ham, Mozzarella, Gorgonzola and Provolone, is the greatest invention of humankind

Panchetta ftw.

They just look wet, is all. Oil and salt is always needed, true.
when I think roasted potato I think these.
ig1a07_roasted_potatoes_lg.jpg

browned and crispy on the outside.

Also, when I think roasted potatoes I don't think any country or culture at all :p. everyone either eats rice or potatoes

Calzone with bacon, pepperoni, ham, Mozzarella, Gorgonzola and Provolone, is the greatest invention of humankind
I like the fact you use the real names! Did you go on studying italian, Vikk? :)

Panchetta ftw.

They just look wet, is all. Oil and salt is always needed, true.
when I think roasted potato I think these.
ig1a07_roasted_potatoes_lg.jpg

browned and crispy on the outside.

Also, when I think roasted potatoes I don't think any country or culture at all :p. everyone either eats rice or potatoes
Panchetta? I think you meant pancetta, maybe? Well, that's the italian name, dunno if you meant that. XD
Well, I am sorry they do look like it, but I don't have a restaurant and am no cook, as I said, but I know they weren't too wet, but it's ok if it looks like it, it's hard to judge things in pic too, at times, happens to me too. :)
Yes, I understand you don't think of any culture, yes, but how can I say... for us italian, when we think of potatoes that way, we are used to think of ours, that's why. Sorry. ^_^

┼Victim of the Night┼;8598006 said:
I like the fact you use the real names! Did you go on studying italian, Vikk? :)

no, we use this names here also ^^ only Mozzarella, we have at least 4 ways to write it

Postjump: That sounds good.
But i might add some basil.

Basil + potato = godly

┼Victim of the Night┼;8598006 said:
Well, I am sorry they do look like it, but I don't have a restaurant and am no cook, as I said, but I know they weren't too wet, but it's ok if it looks like it, it's hard to judge things in pic too, at times, happens to me too. :)
Yes, I understand you don't think of any culture, yes, but how can I say... for us italian, when we think of potatoes that way, we are used to think of ours, that's why. Sorry. ^_^

Yeah pancetta, stuff is fantastic. Not that I don't LIKE the look of it, or that it was done wrong, They just look boiled is all, and when I think roasted potatoes I more think of Germany, UK, and Scandinavia...where they dont have the temperatures to grow interesting foods :p.

All Italian food must be covered in red sauce and served with wine, or else its not Italy >8(!!!

no, we use this names here also ^^ only Mozzarella, we have at least 4 ways to write it

Ahhh, that's cool!
I can't think of any other name for mozzarella, we just use that, but it's kind of cute that you have like 4 names to use to mention it! :) ...ps: what are they? =P

Basil + potato = godly
Yes! :kickass:
Same goes about tomato sauce... tomato sauce + basil (and put that all on pasta)= wow. For me and other italian people, at least. :cool:

Yeah pancetta, stuff is fantastic. Not that I don't LIKE the look of it, or that it was done wrong, They just look boiled is all, and when I think roasted potatoes I more think of Germany, UK, and Scandinavia...where they dont have the temperatures to grow interesting foods :p.
Okiez, I get it. :)

All Italian food must be covered in red sauce and served with wine, or else its not Italy >8(!!!
:lol:

when I think roasted potatoes I more think of Germany, UK, and Scandinavia...where they dont have the temperatures to grow interesting foods :p
We are growing Habanero, Naga Bhut Jolokia, Scotch Bonnet, Purple Cayenne and Rocotto outside... interesting enough? :p A few sunny days more´n I´m gonna show you some really hot pics...

We are growing Habanero, Naga Bhut Jolokia, Scotch Bonnet, Purple Cayenne and Rocotto outside... interesting enough? :p A few sunny days more´n I´m gonna show you some really hot pics...

Are any of them local to the area though, or grow wild? I meant more traditionally, as traditional food is made up from food that is abundant in the region. I was just thinking "meat n' taters" being more traditional for Northern climates, as most things that grow will be root vegetables. Not that I've ever studied this stuff, just random assumptions.

^ You are thinking of foods that grow in a mediterranian climate. Places like Northen California, central Chile, central Spain, northern Italy and northern Greece. I am probably forgetting some other regions, but Germany isn't really mediterranian.