The Fucking Beer Thread

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
I can't find our old beer thread, but what beers do you want on tap!?

Is this even possible HeathenCrusader?

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Liberty Ale
any Great Divide Ale
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams Dark Lager

I can't find our old beer thread, but what beers do you want on tap!?

Is this even possible HeathenCrusader?

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Liberty Ale
any Great Divide Ale
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams Dark Lager

Anything but Bud, Bud Lite, Miller Lite and all the other American mass-market beers that can, in the immortal words of the German power-plant buyer in the Simpsons episode Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk, be summed up this way: "My English is not perfect but I have to tell you your beer is like swill to us."

Bells Oberon
Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss
Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss
Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest
Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark
Sam Adams Boston Lager

Essentially, any microbrew or hearty ale -- beverages fit for thirsty Vikings, Pagans, and Heathens of all stripe.

Yeah, just about anything but Bud, Miller, and Coors would be great. I had some Summit beers there last time, they were quite good. A good pale ale would definitely be nice. I haven't had anything by Great Divide except for their Yeti Imperial Stout, which was absolutely delicious (especially the oak aged).

I would personally would like to see Hoegaarden on tap.

Ho Garden would be a good name for a strip club.

Yeah, just about anything but Bud, Miller, and Coors would be great. I had some Summit beers there last time, they were quite good. A good pale ale would definitely be nice. I haven't had anything by Great Divide except for their Yeti Imperial Stout, which was absolutely delicious (especially the oak aged).

They have 12 taps at the HC club and usually have 1 Bud product on tap. They also have Guiness, Bass, Stella Artois, Summit, & Blue Moon regularily on tap. There are 6 others that seem to rotate. Recently I have seen Dos Equis, Labatts, & Finnegans on tap.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the original question but you guys should check out this cool website called The Beer Advocate. Lots of cool info on there about hard to find micro brews!!!

It's not spam. I'm not affiliated with the website whatsoever. Oh yeah and beers I'd like to see at the fest:

Samual Smiths Nut Brown Ale would be awesome!!!

I'm a member of that site, I like to look at some reviews from time to time. Plus, the message board is fun to read sometimes as well. I love beer, but some of the reviews on that site are a bit over the top I think.

Speaking of Samuel Smiths, I'd have to say I like their Oatmeal Stout the best.

Since it'll be in November, that'll mean there's a clearance on octoberfest beers... Rooting for some Spaten. That would rule, though there's way more microbrews out there that I'd love to get my hands on for a big fest such as this.

Pyramid Hefeweizen

This beer is so refreshingly delicious on tap. Bottled, not so much.
I've been stopping by a local pub on occasion to have Konig Ludwig Hefeweizen on draft ... mightly excellent stuff. I've had it from the bottle as well .. still really good. Zod's wife, and Jason K. introduced me to this hefeweizen stuff when we were over in Germany for Wacken. Erdinger, Paulaner, and Franziskaner were quite popular with our group that week.

Britt

Hell yes! I do not want to be drinking Jerry's Vodka/cranberry shit all weekend! I wouldn't be able to function for the next few days!