The Fucking Beer Thread

Yeah, I'm planning on flying in thursday so I don't have to run to the taxi section of MSP at fullspeed and then wait in line for a fucking taxi for 30 minutes, and then rush into the hotel at 7pm on the first night.

I'd much rather be able to take my time and relax for a night...

... and by relax I mean get really drunk and piss off random people in the streets.

I'm definitely game for a Thursday night of drinking; Ben and I will try our hardest to bring some homebrews too!

One of the beers that we are getting is:

Spaten Optimator

Skullsplitter like bull urine... Not easy to get. We will feature spaten in large mugs... Maybe limited edition HC mugs

As far as potations go, Warsteiner is pretty pedestrian. While headbanging the night away you want a brew that will travel smoothly down your gullet. Not a beverage that chugs down your throat latch with the grace of a BME butter knife.

Ah well, that's what I like. I'm open to stocking my room up with all kinds, so suggestions will be welcome.

Ah.... but it was your first post *here*.... where it really matters. :loco:

Of course. ;)

some good german beers which are easily accessible at big liquor stores.....
personally, warsteiner/becks are very generic tasting and too bitter.....

Best beers to drink in massive quantities....
SPATEN - (Munich)
Kölsch - (Cologne, brewed by Heinrich Reissdorf)
Hofbräu - (munich)

Has anyone though about BELGIAN ale?
Lucifer, Trappistes Rochefort, or Duvel......8.5-10% alcohol by volume......

some good german beers which are easily accessible at big liquor stores.....
personally, warsteiner/becks are very generic tasting and too bitter.....

Best beers to drink in massive quantities....
SPATEN - (Munich)
Kölsch - (Cologne, brewed by Heinrich Reissdorf)
Hofbräu - (munich)

Has anyone though about BELGIAN ale?
Lucifer, Trappistes Rochefort, or Duvel......8.5-10% alcohol by volume......

Ugh, the first time I tried Lucifer (a few years ago), it wasn't so great. I may need to give it a another shot though. I love Belgian ales though, St. Bernardus Abt 12 is one of my favorites. Chimay Grande Reserve is a great one also. Brasserie d'Achouffe makes some good stuff as well, and I love their Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel, even though it's not a typical Belgian ale.