The Fucking Beer Thread

Personally, find me a good hefe-weizen and I'll be set for the fest.

You know all this talk about beer will eventually lead us up the what happened the past 2 years: we drank the entire floor dry and pretty much hunted down cans of MGD and bottles of Smirnoff as a last resort :p

Personally, find me a good hefe-weizen and I'll be set for the fest.

You know all this talk about beer will eventually lead us up the what happened the past 2 years: we drank the entire floor dry and pretty much hunted down cans of MGD and bottles of Smirnoff as a last resort :p

I completely forgot that we drank ourselves in to a drought. :kickass:

Haha yeah. Thats when the reserve alcohol comes in... the cheap vodkas and what not.

This year we must figure out a way to prevent ourselves from having to drink Smirnoff...

I'll be coming from Oregon, so I hope to bring a growler of some our finest local brew with me...Right now I am leaning towards Old Growth from Caldera. :kickass:

I am open to suggestions though...

Dude!

Bring some stuff from Deschutes, McMenamans, or Widmer...holy fuck bring a bunch! :kickass:

As much as I can carry dude, as much as I can carry.

And just like we revel in obscure bands around these forums, I feel it's the least I can do to expose folks to some lesser known but awesome local breweries...Hair of the Dog, Captured by Porches, Caldera, Walkabout... there are so many here.

Yea, you guys up in the Northwest have some great brewing going on. Actually, the entire west coast have it pretty damn good.

Breweries in Wash/Oregon, down to the breweries in Cali (Russian River, Lagunitas, Stone, Port, etc)

Farkin' aye!

It's good to see craft beer lovers in this thread! Oregon has some awesome breweries, we started getting some Full Sail beers here a while back - they are pretty tasty. And of course Rogue is pretty great as well.

I wish I could get more stuff from California out this way though. Every Stone beer I've tasted has been wonderful. Eel River makes some pretty damn good beers - Triple Exultation, and Raven's Eye are great. Their organic I.P.A. was really good as well, although I wish it were a bit more hoppy. North Coast's Old Rasputin is one of the best Russian Imperial Stouts I've ever had, and the others I've had from them weren't too shabby either.

Any updates on the other two beers besides Optimater?

I highly recommend some American IPAs (I'd say some imperial IPAs but I want to remember the night)! We need to get those stupid Europeans onto good craft beer!