The Fucking Beer Thread

Thursday: Find Darkness
Friday: Drink at that pub near Station 4; worship Satan with Inquisition, then homebrew at the hotel.
Saturday: Town Hall; Black Metal, beer and kicking ass with more homebrew.

That actually doesn't sound too bad, even though I really want to try Darkness. Maybe we can get some other Surley... Furious and Bender WILL be consumed that weekend.

If things go right. We'll be rolling into Denis Brothers at about 8-8:30 pm on Thursday.

The head brewmaster for Surley is the guitarist for the late 80's/early 90's thrash metal band Powermad ( Powermad Myspace ). They recently played their first show in the US in ~15 years for the Darkness party at the brewery. Good times.

I'll try to give him a call to see if he can let me know of any close places that have Darkness on tap. I thought that I heard that the Happy Gnome (1-2 miles from venue) has it on tap.

Eh I read Brandon's post too early in the morning, I thought Surley had their own brewpup which had that Darkness potation on tap. Brian, I expect you to be at the hotel meet and greet Thursday night. :mad:

The ale sounds awesome swizzles! I'll have to figure out how to pay you back for it on the fly.

I'm up for whatever the group decides on Thursday, Friday, etc. I have a ridiculously early flight on Sunday so I'll have to head back to the hotel after Saturday's show (not gonna fly drunk), but otherwise I'm good to go.

We need to pick up beer for brandon

Do you think we can swing by Galco's during mid brew to pick up some ales for these fine Iowan chaps? The only other day I'm available would be Wednesday night, but seeing as that is the night before the Crusade, I'll be packing and running to Wal-Mart to pick up some long john underoos. You took Wednesday night off from work aye?! :err:

Just polished off an Ommegang Abbey Ale. I am loving this brew right now. Can't wait to see Dennis Brothers next week. NC has crappy liquor laws and we miss out on a lot of good stuff.

I'm bringing 30 Heathen Red Ales, 3 Amarillo IPAS, 4 Simcoe IPAs, and 3 Brown Ales. I'll also bring a 24 oz bomber of the Sweet Stout we just bottled, for the CA crew and the Iowa crew to sample Thursday night.