The Funeral Portrait...

Nexis

Feb 2, 2006
anyone know why they've never(as far as I know) played this song live? IMO, it's one of their best songs and I would love to hear it live, but all the bootlegs etc, it's never been played.

It has been played live. I had an MP3 of it...but I dont anymore cuz my comp crashed. :erk:

do you know what date(s)? I'd rather them just play one song, if that were it, than hear them play The Drapery Falls and Demon Of The Fall again. They play both at every single show since 2001, I swear.

Shiiiit.... Hearing it live would kick ass... That trade-off solo and the outro are so... orgasmic! :)

Nexis said:
do you know what date(s)? I'd rather them just play one song, if that were it, than hear them play The Drapery Falls and Demon Of The Fall again. They play both at every single show since 2001, I swear.

ive heard it live, im pretty sure it was the may 2002 gig in london. and yes, they should play it more often.

Nexis said:

Not to be a dick, but they didn't play the Drapery Falls in Dallas a few months ago, and actually, I don't think they'd played it on most of, if not all of their north american dates. :)

Autumnal said:
Not to be a dick, but they didn't play the Drapery Falls in Dallas a few months ago, and actually, I don't think they'd played it on most of, if not all of their north american dates. :)

They played demon of the fall both times I saw them in L.A. last year and the drapery falls once

come and see my band play live and you would hear our version of this mighty song.

I particularly love the way it flows, and the lyrics are perplexing...not to mention I get the play the solos which are fucking cool.

We tune to D G F C A D so it sounds that bit heavier too, which it always nice.

I would love to heat Opeth play this one live - and I don't see why they haven't done so yet, since it's not hard to play or anything.

Come on Mike, give us the reason!