The Gaming Thread

When the first one came out I was disappointed because I wanted more System Shock 2. However if you go into it without sky high expectations they are very atmospheric games. The world alone is worth seeing.

None if them are 9/10 as reviewers would have you beleive, but they are enjoyable experiences and cool to immerse yourself in.

Your opinion is invalid.

Infinite is close to 10/10 (but not quite)
Bioshock : 8/10
Bioshock 2 : 7/10 (almost gave it up a couple of times lel)

Not a gamer, but I did enjoy the text-based Grayout and Blackbar. I have Space Age, Monument, and Firewatch, but have yet to play any of them.

There seems to be a blockage in my brain—I enjoy playing, but never find the desire to start a video game, so this world has just passed me by. And with that, I'll see myself out this thread.

I played Firewatch, I liked it. It's pretty short as well, so just start it up and play it through in an afternoon or so. If you enjoy that, I'd recommend the following which are similar ("gameplay"-wise, although each are very different story-wise):
Dear Esther
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Gone Home

Special mention to The Stanley Parable

Reactions: winters epilogue
Your opinion is invalid.

Infinite is close to 10/10 (but not quite)
Bioshock : 8/10
Bioshock 2 : 7/10 (almost gave it up a couple of times lel)

How is my opinion invalid? You agree with me that at least Bioshock 1&2 are not 9/10. I would probably give them an 8 and 7 respectively as well. :)

I never finished Infinite. Other games distracted me so it did not hold my interest very well.

shame, never finished infinite. it was alright the entire time. the world was a nice change but im not sure how into the whole carnival feel of everything i got. weapons and powers were cool, a nice progression from the first two.
the difficulty was garbage, either play on easy mode and play the entire game without ever coming close to dying or play on hard and die in 2 shots, while every enemy can soak up damage endlessly.

bioshock 1 was great at the time, its aged considerably. the ending was a nice twist but the final bossfight was out of nowhere. like nothing else in the game and easy. hate when they do that. had a blast playing the rest of it, beat it a few times iirc

2 was oddly my favorite, but only because of 1. the big daddys and the mystery surrounding them was super cool in the first, same with how they were optional fight a lot of the time, fight em for upgrades. the second was like a fan service in a great way, the story i dont even remember but it had some awesome scenes (meeting the big sister, going underwater for the first time when the glass shatters). playing as a big daddy was fuckin awesome, dashing around with that drill and using big sized guns.

good series

Reactions: griev0r
:rofl:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Best Ending and infinite in one sentence :rofl:
Thanks for validating my opinion, Polish peasant. :rofl:

thanks for the spoiler alert ajewsh :3
Well, on second thought, the image is a clusterfuck because of the plot complexity, It's hard to figure it out AFTER you've played the game, so you would have been safe either way.

Last edited:
Plot complexity :rofl: Irrelevant, random plot for edgy teenagers and plebs just thinks its brilliant.

ayy

*feels safe*
shhhh, it's ok

safe-space.png

Reactions: PhlegethonVeins
I am surprised every time I see a new WoW expansion, it is insane to me that it still thrives.

And you can never safely post anything on the interwebs, no matter how small the text... But we already knew that.

Nice cinematic, would bang Sylvanas, nothing more. Better visuals than in Warcraft movie though :3

MMOs are dead for me. Everyone that should be good is ruined by p2w model. I miss Guild Wars (1)

I am surprised every time I see a new WoW expansion, it is insane to me that it still thrives.

And you can never safely post anything on the interwebs, no matter how small the text... But we already knew that.

Well they got to such low subscription numbers that they stopped making them official, so I don't think you can say that it is thriving! It was 4,5 million subscribers the last time they released the numbers. They're probably going to get back up above 7 or 8 million with the release of Legion. Warlords of Draenor saw a 3 million spike at release, so I think that should be expected really. But yeah it is alive and the hype about a new expansion is the same as always! For me, at least :p