The Gathering+Ulver gathered=great song

It all depends on the album. Good songwriting is only part of the appeal of an album, there are many albums that I only like for certain things like guitars, drums, bass, vocals, or many other things. There are hardly any albums that I like everything on, even Anathema albums.

LuminousAether said:
It all depends on the album. Good songwriting is only part of the appeal of an album, there are many albums that I only like for certain things like guitars, drums, bass, vocals, or many other things. There are hardly any albums that I like everything on, even Anathema albums.

bollox.
now you're saying you can like a song because of the guitar. well I'm not too fond of 'Looking Outside Inside' but sure it got a nice guitar, more things, but that doesnt make me liking the song.
Oh and why do you detest Maiden Metallica etc then, Maiden got awesome solo's and metallica got the most bangable riffs.

Good songwriting is everything to make a good album. o_O

Metallica has pretty weak guitars, but I wouldn't mind them if their vocals and drums weren't amongst the worst in the genre.

And Maiden had GODAWFUL guitars. They were incredibly simplistic, repetitive, and they made Slipknot look technical.

christ. can't you just forget about how many "technical" aspects (complexity in guitars, drums, etc.) a song has?

the misfits, the pistols, the ramones were nothing close to technical, everyone admits that, but they were fuckin' awesome bands if you ask me. why must everyone play 100 riffs in a song for the song to be good? i don't get that...

complexity does not (always) mean quality.

Yes, I like music in every genre. In punk, I listen to At the Drive-In, The Blue Meanies, and many other bands that don't suck. I like my music to have at least a little bit of intelligence and creativity involved, it's just a little stipulation I like to make.

to me music is all about emotion

i'm muchtoo stupid to analise and understand all this "technical" shit

a song has to grab meby the throat, give me goose-flesh, make me happy or sad or angry.....
what do I care if the guitarplayer isn't the best on earth...

can you understand me ???

Thortyir said:
"Chacun ses goûts disait le cochon qui mangeait ses strons!"

Translation by PM only! :lol:

Strons ?? What was that ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: typically Belgian word I presume :lol:
Oh and yeah : ATDI= the art of singing out of tune :puke: :puke: :puke:

I don't think he sings out of tune as he doesn't sing in any tune at all, really. In fact, I find it hard to call their vocals singing, more like a mixture of screaming and ranting. I admit that his vocals are a little hard to take at first, but they make the music. Without his vocals, their music wouldn't be even 1/10th as powerful and emotive as it is.