The good lyrical one-liners or two-liners in metal thread...

TimelessT

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2010
We all know them, the brief but undeniably good lyrical one-liners or two-liners that leap out at us on occasion and impress us for whatever reasons, even if we don't necessarily like the song as a whole or the band in question:

Here are a few I'll start off with that I can think of off-hand

"I'm sick of being the butt of a cosmic joke and I don't get the punch-line" - Slipknot (3-0)

"A Pyramid mind-fuck - don't leave your seats now!" System Of A Down (CUBERt).

"Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall" Blind Guardian (Lost in the Twilight Hall)

"Life to lifeless, the cycle repeats" Killswitch Engage (Numbered Days)

"Night Surrounds, we're roaming through the shades of forgotten fairtytales" Elvenking (Seasonspeech)

That's it for now, I'll post more later when I'm sober and can think of more. So go ahead and post your own lyrical pearls of wisdom :kickass: :headbang:

"Stop being NocturnalNemisis."

What song is this from, sounds interesting, don't forget to include song and/or band name in your posts. I think the first one was from a Slipknot song, wasn't it?

Pretty disappointed with the elitest attitude of so-called metalheads on this website, a new user shows up and posts a perfectly viable topic about about good lyrics from songs and his topic gets totally ignored except for some silly comments. I guess this is how you always treat new users, right? Reminds me of some cliched high school movie where all the jocks ignore the "uncool" kids, pretty pathetic attitude coming from people who call themselves metalheads (supposedly anti-jocks). Unless, of course, you don't think lyrical content in music is interesting and/or important and worthy of discussion, in which case I would wonder how you can even claim to like music in the first place.

Maybe if you weren't mentioning Slipknot, SOAD, and KSE, people would respond. Just a thought.

I don't care what bands you respond with, I just wanna see what you think are good lyrical "snippets" in the music you listen to. :Smug:

You're a nu-metal fan? Would never have guessed it from your signature, but anything's cool. I don't actually consider myself to be a nu-metal fan, I just like a few songs from a few nu-metal bands, I mostly prefer other kinds of metal but they're just not as quotable, if you know what I mean.

"I see you walking hand in hand with long-haired drummer of the band" Sonata Arctica (Tallulah)

Really poetic and sad lyrics about lost love that really moves me.

"I see you walking hand in hand with long-haired drummer of the band" Sonata Arctica (Tallulah)

Really poetic and sad lyrics about lost love that really moves me.

Well you obviously didn't have a break-up recently or you'd be more likely to grind salt into an open wound than listen to those kinda lyrics ;)

these r my fav metal one liners

" aNd ThEn i ClOsE mY eYeZ " In Flamez

" tHiS isn'T mUsIc AnD wE'rE nOt a BaNd .. We'Re 5 mIddLe FinGerZ oN a MoThErfUckIng HaNd " Marilyn Manson

" tHe PaCe iS tOo FaSt u JuSt WoNt LaSt " Linkin Park

" LeT tHe BoDieZ hIt ThE FloOr " Drowning Pool

" BrEaThE iNtO MeEeEeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEeeeEee " Godsmack

" yOu WaNt 2 fUcK mE LiEk aN AnImAl " Limp Bizkit

Stormwarrior have some good ones...

IF IT'S NOT WITHIN THY BLOOD...THOU WILT NEVER UNDERSTAND

THY SHIP STANDS ABLAZE, NORTHWARD TO SAIL, THIS LAST JOURNEY THINE TO FULFILL

Maybe if you weren't mentioning Slipknot, SOAD, and KSE, people would respond. Just a thought.

maybe your just a narrow minded ignoramus with his thumb up his ass. ever think of that? ranting about nu metal bands and how superior your taste in music is and what not.

Marduk - "jesus, filthy scum behold abhor. jesus, your mother was a stinking whore"