The good old days

Gronke said:
@siderea It's not a matter about how "difficult" it is to do the dishes, cook food etc, it's just a matter of getting off the ass and do it. Though, when having someone doing it for oneself, it can be quite tricky to actually get to it.

i know. well this soap series told me the other day there's a special way of drying your glasses which makes them shine more, i still wonder how...

anyway it's just that i don't like telling people that it'd be nice they'd help me with their dishes. i somehow trust them to have somekind of responsibility feeling themselves. :erk:

Gronke said:
@siderea It's not a matter about how "difficult" it is to do the dishes, cook food etc, it's just a matter of getting off the ass and do it. Though, when having someone doing it for oneself, it can be quite tricky to actually get to it.

hence the chubbiness aye o_O

siderea said:
i know. well this soap series told me the other day there's a special way of drying your glasses which makes them shine more, i still wonder how...

anyway it's just that i don't like telling people that it'd be nice they'd help me with their dishes. i somehow trust them to have somekind of responsibility feeling themselves. :erk:

About the shining of the glasses, use the "shiner liquid" in the machine, and you can be lazy and do something more fun, than to use that feather-duster :tickled:

I would never use that shiner liquid stuff, geez, apple scented bollox, is there not enough artificial shit around already? I don't mind my unshiny glasses so long as they're clean.

Though it's out of the question anyway, I will never have a dishwasher either :D

Strangelight said:
either you lot cant read or youre just fucking middle class socio-politico smart arses who are denying the very basic basics of life

I'm not middle class, if that matters here at all. The thing is you can't really back up the idea of maternal instinct scientifically (not even with animal examples -- for example, female dogs, especially those giving birth for the first time, sometimes eat their newborn puppies for no reason known to us, and a lot of species also share the nurture of their offspring between the mother and the father). A lot of evidence rather points to the contrary. I'm not saying there's definitely no such thing as parenting or nurturing instinct, though I'd rather call it inclination. But I repeat that it's not gender specific, and in fact your example proves that too for me.

If there was something inherently or genetically motherly in every woman, each of them should be equally good mothers. And this is just not the case. The capacity of giving birth doesn't equal maternal or whatever instinct.

siderea said:
You just need a cloth and some hot water. Dip glass rim into hot water, then take cloth and polish. That's all. That's how they do it in upper class hotels as well. I doubt I'll ever do this at home though - no need for glasses that sparkle like diamonds. ;)

Maqus said:
The thing is you can't really back up the idea of maternal instinct scientifically. A lot of evidence rather points to the contrary.
The capacity of giving birth doesn't equal maternal or whatever instinct.

5350.jpg

Gronke said:
About the shining of the glasses, use the "shiner liquid" in the machine, and you can be lazy and do something more fun, than to use that feather-duster :tickled:

have an operation for your eyes with the laser stuff, its fun, works too

Maqus said:
The thing is you can't really back up the idea of maternal instinct scientifically (not even with animal examples -- for example, female dogs, especially those giving birth for the first time, sometimes eat their newborn puppies for no reason known to us, and a lot of species also share the nurture of their offspring between the mother and the father). A lot of evidence rather points to the contrary. I'm not saying there's definitely no such thing as parenting or nurturing instinct, though I'd rather call it inclination. But I repeat that it's not gender specific, and in fact your example proves that too for me.

If there was something inherently or genetically motherly in every woman, each of them should be equally good mothers. And this is just not the case. The capacity of giving birth doesn't equal maternal or whatever instinct.

total bollocks

Strangelight said:
shes consistent though eh?
argument backed with evidence but i'd say total bollocks too! :err: just because some crazy animal eats her newborns you can't deny motherly instincts.