The Grand Conjuration

fyi thread starter, while the romanization of japanese is always a touchy issue, it's typically spelled Haohmaru (spelling used in the SamSho games too if that's what it's a reference to) or Haoumaru, never Hoahmaru unless you're doing some quirky intentional misspelling shit :confused:

this thread is now about Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown :)

samourai.gif
samourai.gif
samourai.gif

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
you didnt get the point imo. if it would remind you of britney spears it would be a fact that it reminded you of britney spears. and it is a fact that TGC reminded the thread starter of amen corner. i guess that was what he was talking about...

...besides i think it sounds nothing like amen corner...

wrong...

completely an opinion. That he HAD an opinion was a fact as evidenced by his writing it down here, but his answer to his own question was, in fact, an opinion.

polarity said:
fyi thread starter, while the romanization of japanese is always a touchy issue, it's typically spelled Haohmaru (spelling used in the SamSho games too if that's what it's a reference to) or Haoumaru, never Hoahmaru unless you're doing some quirky intentional misspelling shit :confused:
I meant to misspell it because the actual name was taken...

Part of it almost sound like this passage from BWP:

Sick liasions raised this monomental mark. The sun sets forever over black water paaaaaaaaaaaaark.

I Hate the growls though, too much like Bloodbath growls, that also goes for some of the structures in the song, too much "out of tune" shit.

The good thing about this song is the atmosphere it encaptures.

It reminds of the heavy-growl part in Blackwater park _a lot_ the "monumental mark" part. And parts really remind me of closure too. the song is cool in the middle, but I guess they overused the riffs occuring both in the beginning and the end of the tune.

This track isn't really getting me excited for the new album, but I know it's not the best track (they wouldn't just throw out the best track for a sample...would they?). I know there are other songs and I more than likely will get into those songs more. But so far the heavy keyboards are quite different and I need to get used to them...

^ I hope you're right. My excitement for the album has dwindled a bit as well. I DO like the song, but I expected to be TOTALLY blown away. AN 8/10 from me for opeth is NOT good enough, hehe.

The first octave riff in the song reminds me very much of a riff at the end of Blackwater Park .. which isn't all that bad because i love that riff!