The Great Depression/Butthurt thread

Man.... My live band (well it is basically dead...) was working on an EP that got completely fucked up by horrible recording practices and I heard the latest mix today. I'm completely embarrassed by it. It is one of the sloppiest, worst recordings I have ever heard. My voice sounds like a complete pile of dog shit, and the mix is just all over the place.

I guess that's what you get when half your band never practices, and then they hire a guy "because we know him" to record the album. It took like 2 years to get 4 songs recorded because we could NEVER get together with this dude, and the recording space changed like 3 times and each time to a place with drastically different acoustics. Then cutting and pasting and redoing certain parts and throwing it all together at the end. Half the time we set up a recording session we would waste 2 hours just waiting for our "engineer" to set up, then record for 20 minutes and call it a day. Then a month later get together in a different location, and continue mid-song with no sense of continuity.

I recorded almost all of my vocals in 2 or 3 takes rushed, and in 2 different recording spaces. I recorded vocals to incomplete mixes because of schedules and the drums were later altered/edited and with no leads in them yet so they all off time and frankly my voice just sounds absolutely horrible, like I chain smoked 40 packs and then tried to growl.... Man.. Someone shoot me now.

I hope this thing gets fucking buried considering the band is pretty much dead anyways.

Yup... This is the right thread.

Yeah I know the feeling and trust me every musician that ever tried to venture outside the bedroom ends up in that situation and with that feeling sooner or later...think of it as a lesson learned and do it better next time!

Damn man, that sucks :(

I think it's as Jonas says - there's a HUGE gap between playing by yourself for fun and actually creating music. So big differences in how serious people need to be

Yeah I know the feeling and trust me every musician that ever tried to venture outside the bedroom ends up in that situation and with that feeling sooner or later...think of it as a lesson learned and do it better next time!

this, so much.

i think most bands have their problems, you just have to make the right decisions and be patient/resolute

yesterday in a stadium :)

20140922071635643034i.jpg

Since i dont know where to rant about it, ill do it here. After trying to listen to Pale Communion again, im free to say it fucking sux , it sounds like a remaster of some bad 70s prog rock album, and nothing in songs stands out, everything sounds so boring. Im not a close minded metalhead (heck, i barely listen to metal nowadays), but this album is definitely not my cup of tea and i have no idea what people like about it. I liked eternal rains will come best tbh.

Pale Communion sucks but not as much as Heritahe, when it was just a rotting pile of shit. PC has 2-3 good tracks, best being Faith in Others.

What aggravates me is that if you dont like PC = faggot metalhead missing the growls. Fuck those fuckin hipsters, I loved damnation and I loved almost every Opeth track without growls.

So I called the municipality and asked what happened to the CV I sent them three weeks ago that they promised to respond to as soon as possible. Well after a minute of talking on the phone they basically told me to grow a pair and go fuck myself because I'm unemployed.

I love the public sector :)