The guitar of your dreams

Mr.Sister

Jun 5, 2010
Hey guys... I was bored.... So: What are your dream guitars?

#1 UJR Sky guitar
uli7.jpg

a lot of frets? sounds good to me!

#2 Chris' Ibanez LACS
l.jpg

Ball-bearing trem? no inlays? I liiiiiike!

#3 Fretless Vigier
127162-surfretter-med.jpg

Though this would never be my main guitar, I'd love to have one.

#4 Conklin 9string
custom_9_string_guitar_bacote_wenge_bubinga.jpg

Mainly for tapping... aaaand showing off :)

And, also:
Chris Jackson sig:
jackson-chris-broderick.jpg

Ibanez Rg827
RG827QMZ_RDT_1P_01.png

a possible custom guitar would have a lil bit of all of 'em of course...

In no order (and no pics haha):

Chris' Jackson
Chris' LACS Ibby
MAB Rocket guitar
Shawn Lane sig Vigier
Suhr Guthrie
dat dere Ron Thal swiss cheese Vigier

^It might not be a 'shredder' guitar, but you definitely would be able to shred on a PRS, given how smooth those fuckers play.

EDIT: Well, maybe not 'full-on shred', but you get what I mean :p

Wow, that could be a long list. The Sky guitar is cool, and I guess as long as we're dreaming, add one to my collection, too! Tapping an 8 octave arpeggio? I'd give it a shot! :headbang:

Still on the top of my list is Chris's Sig Jackson. (I'm damn lucky to have it!)
beemmb.jpg
8yss9g.jpg

(The pics suck. It's impossible to take any in my house.)

If I could have ANYTHING, I'd get the red top and the black back (maybe).

Gotta say his white LACS is on my list as well. I'd also like to score the Prestige from the auction, too.

But, something different I'd like on my wall is a PRS Dragon:
102138-2.jpg

And...
51n7e7nd8RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(What? I like guitars, and I like cheese. And maybe I can REALLY call myself a SHREDDER. :Smug:)

^It might not be a 'shredder' guitar, but you definitely would be able to shred on a PRS, given how smooth those fuckers play.

EDIT: Well, maybe not 'full-on shred', but you get what I mean :p

Between the Buried and Me approves of your statement.

But, something different I'd like on my wall is a PRS Dragon:
102138-2.jpg

They're gorgeous guitars, the Dragons are - but they're so good-looking, it's almost not right to even play them. They're more like works of art... but it's not right to let it sit there and not play it either! The curse of gorgeous valuable guitars...

They're more like works of art... but it's not right to let it sit there and not play it either!

So true. Owning it could be worse than just admiring it online. I'd hate to have to make the "play or not play" decision on a daily basis.

The Conklin 9string tapping reminded me of this. Not sure this qualifies as a "dream guitar", but I'd definitely like to have this to mess around with:

Chapman Stick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never liked the reentry tuning on a chapman stick, therefore I always prefered a guitar with lots of strings :) or a doubleneck for polyphonic tapping. Though a chapman stick surely is much more comfortable to play.

I played a Tremonti SE once and it blew me away.

PRS has top notch QC for sure :worship:

I owned one once as well. Great guitar, without a doubt; the tuning pegs were pretty subpar, though, it just wouldn't stay in tune. Disappointing, since it looked so cool (platinum finish) and sounded great too.

Definitely agree with Mr. Sister on the RG Premium though - I'd put my RG920 with LiquiFire/Crunch Lab against any boutique guitar on the market. I might be fanboying a bit, but they're really amazing guitars for the price.

My dream guitars don't exist yet. I'd love to have a 7 string Explorer (Gibson style) but with a full 25.5" scale neck, ebony fretboard, 24 frets, highest, sexiest grade quilt maple top conceivable and PASSIVE pickups..I dunno, probably Duncan JB/59 set.

Or maybe a 7 string ESP Horizon II FR..basically built exactly like the 6 string variants but with 7 strings and passive pickups. Chris's sig is the absolute closest I have found to what I like spec-for-spec. My only two criticisms are the lack of fret inlays and I don't have $2600. :p I'd still have to play the neck on it to see if I would even like it..

EDIT: I've played one of those doubleneck Dragons..it was niiiiiice. ;)