The Guys From Opeth Said The Next CD Will Be 'Heavy...'

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

...so do you think it will be like most of the songs from BLACKWATER PARK? Thick, slow riffs or fast, elaborate riffs like the early stuff?

And do you think Mikael will sing on every track of the 'mellow' CD and growl on all the tracks of the 'heavy' CD?

"The heavy Cd will be typical Opeth with all it's ingredients including mellow parts, while the "mellow" Cd will have more laid back material."

-from www.opeth.com

And I seem to remember hearing that Deliverance would be a progression of BWP, and it's the natural assumption anyway. Don't expect another Orchid or Morningrise.

edit: I'm almost certain there will be no growls on Damnation, I imagine it will be more prog-oriented stuff, probably heavily influenced by Porcupine Tree.

6 songs for the heavy album, and 10 songs for the soft!

I think that's the first time they've reached double digits for an album, not including the special BLACKWATER PARK CD!

This is sweet... :headbang:

Originally posted by King Purple Rainbow
6 songs for the heavy album, and 10 songs for the soft!

I think that's the first time they've reached double digits for an album, not including the special BLACKWATER PARK CD!

This is sweet... :headbang:

10 songs = sell out.

Originally posted by Cynical Bastard
So is 9 songs "selling out" too or is ten the almighty sellout marker? :rolleyes:

10 is. It's the double digits. At least Deliverence is still true.

Originally posted by Schraiber
10 is. It's the double digits. At least Deliverence is still true.

The word is "Tr00" foo'......... How bloody Un-Tr00 must you be...........?

....Fagboat :rolleyes:

I don't care...

Even if it were 14 songs, I would still buy it and enjoy it.

Opeth rule. :headbang:

I believe Ormir is one of the anti "Opeth elitism" squad bombing the place. quite entertaining if you ask me...

Ormir is one tr00 motherfucker. I agree though, the intellect on this board is limited simply to "I want to jizz in Opeths ass, oh baby! :headbang:" Good god guys... :rolleyes:

How could 10 songs be selling out, maybe Mikael wants to show his singing ability a little more (even though he has death growls that kick ass, IMHO), and about the heavy album, one word (or maybe ten :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :yow: :Smokin: :headbang: :headbang: ) that is all

By the way, this song rocks!! :headbang:

I just said that I don't care if there are 14 songs because Opeth have delivered the goods everytime. Mabye that's a sheepish attitude...whatever. I'm a new fan and I feel like I've discovered a special band. If I'm a little enthusiastic, forgive me.
I will get both CD's and I will more than likely enjoy both tremendously.