What Opeth Will Be Playing In London

Black Rose

Crisis Apparition
Jun 20, 2003
UK
Visit site
According to their record label they will be playing all of Damnation in the first half, and then a few tracks from each of Deliverance and Blackwater Park........no When..... :cry: Maybe they are fed up with playing that one!

No pre-BWP stuff?? Well, I won't be there anyway... but this is that concert that will be recorded for a DVD, right? And they'll only play stuff from their latest three releases? I don't get it...

I reacon the set will be something like this -

Windowpane
In My time of Need
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid the Disease
Ending Credits
Weakness
Benighted
To Bid you Farewell
Soldiers of Fortune
Face of Melinda
----------------
The Lepar Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
A Fair Judgement
Serenity Panted Death
Demon of the Fall

+ maybe another track from Deliverance (Masters Apprentices I hope!)

I think that they're gonna only play tracks from B.P. since D2 coz they are now on Music For Nations...before ,it was Candlelight (from Orchid to MAYH) and Peaceville (Still L)...and i don't know if those two other labels are ok to see tracks they published on another label than yours....
Again a business question...

....again me...
or maybe they're gonna play tracks from all the periods but only the last one (the Music for Nations one) will appear on the DVD...that is to say no To bid your farewell,no Face of melinda (charlotte? she will understand !!),no Benighted and ,of course,no Soldier Of Fortune on the dvd...
so ,i think that the dvd will be the following one :
D2 completly ,leper affinity,bleak,drapery falls,deliverance,fair judgement...that is to say the stuff of Music For Nations they used to play on stage...and maybe 2 or 3 other tracks for the occasion... "special evening"
but maybe i'm 100% wrong !! just let me know what you think about that guys !!

different labels don't generally restrict the contents of live releases because they are not made from the original master tapes owned by that label, for example the new Dark Tranquillity DVD will have songs from Osmose and Century Media releases. I'm sure we'll get a varied and career spanning track list for the DVD.

yeah ,but on the paradise lost DVD ,they have deleted some tracks they played live coz they aren't allowed to published them on their new label...
Or how could you explain that they're only gonna play tracks published by MFN?
But,don't worry guys, i really want that they played tracks of the 2 first periods !! Especially When ,The Moor and Black Rose Immortal/Night and Silent Water (even if i think it's gonna be pretty hard for those 2 last ones !!)

well i read in kerrang today that they will be doing two one hour sets comprising of material from BWP,D1 & D2.

So i think opethmaniac was right.

Hearing Masters Apprentices will kick so much ass.

as will hearing the funeral portrait.

:( I want Advent and Demon and When and Godheads Lament and aww :( Oh well, it'll still be good, but I'd prefer stuff from all albums... But yes, I agree that hearing the song BWP live would be amazing...

From the site:

An evening with Opeth
2 ONE HOUR SETS!
Comprising of material from
Damnation, Deliverance &
Blackwater Park25th September
LONDON - SHEPHERDS- BUSH EMPIRE0870 771 2000, 020 7403 3331
020 7734 8932, 020 7434 2222
Tickets £12adv. (subject to booking fee)
24hr cc hotline 0871 2200 260 or
buy online @ www.gigsandtours.com

That utterly, unequivocably sucks. My main cause for excitement was to get live versions of Melinda, Benighted, Farewell, Godhead's Lament, Advent, Demon. Major disappointment. Fuck.

Well at least they are playing Squeegee, I wouldnt complain about a whole fucking 2 hours with just Opeth, no matter what they play. Just the D2 material live is a bonus for me :cool:

I will be fucking stoked if they are definetly playing TBYF, looooove that track.

\m/